A Nautical Bathroom Retreat!

Have you ever taken a vacation to a boathouse on the lake? Ah... doesn't that sound so nice and peaceful? That's what I wanted to achieve when Sarah asked me to design this space. She wanted a nautical, yet cottage, lake house feel! I think I achieved it! She absolutely loves it! Sarah's upstairs bathroom was a blank canvas. I had the honor of bringing it alive with a fresh new nautical look by adding the batten and painting the lower half a fresh white. We added some great details to the space from the ledge on top, angling the batten at the bottom and the brushed bronze hooks at the top. The vibrant blue brings it alive!
To add interest and give this space character, we found these amazing oars, which filled the space on the long wall perfectly! Added details, such as the anchor, striped shower curtain and fun artwork bring it all together!
A Nautical Retreat!
Now it's fresh, cozy and very functional!
I found the perfect jars for cotton balls, Q-tips and bath salts to display on the counter for guests!! This gorgeous tray was from Ross.
These hooks look amazing! I bought them in Home Depot for $4.99 each. We found the perfect towels at T.J.Maxx! This room is so much fun to be in, I didn't want to leave! Below are some before and after pictures of the space!
Before!
After
A blank canvas became a vibrant, fresh, fun space for years to come!
Before, this space lacked color and character
It wasn't difficult at all to achieve this look. I started with the paint color on top which is Northern Pike by Sherwin Williams then with the help of my husband measured and cut a 1 x 4 plank and used a nail gun to attach it to the wall. We used a dry wall stud finder to mark the spots where we needed to nail to make sure of a better grip. We then cut 4 1 x 3's and spaced them out on the wall, found the studs, then nailed them, For the shelf we measured and added a 1 x 2, then for a finished look we added a quarter inch round piece of molding under the shelf. To finish it off and fill in cracks, spaces and nail hole dents I used a spackling compound and caulking, then painted it in a regular high gloss white paint.
Added storage for towels.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week!
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week! Don't forget to stop by the blog for more details on this space!

30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss