Old Family Trunk Into a Beautiful Planter!

This old trunk has been in my husband’s family forever. We have kept it hoping some day to actually use it instead of just sitting someplace out of the way. I finally had an idea while sitting at our lake house on Seneca Lake.
old family trunk into a beautiful planter, container gardening, gardening, how to, repurposing upcycling
I found some old totes and cut them down so they would fit inside the trunk.
I also used a hot glue gun to attach faux moss to the top to make it a little more interesting.
I added holes and rocks to the bottom of the totes for drainage.
Added soil and flowers and now I have this beautiful planter at our Lake House! Now we can enjoy the old trunk that is filled with memories instead of keeping it in storage!
Visit my blog to see the full tutorial.
Sheri

• Delores Jackson

I don't know where my first post went, it happens a lot (lol). What I said was that Sheri put it to use in a way that fits her life. I have a 1920's steamer trunk with hangers, drawers, and pockets where an iron and other things were stored.. I was going to refurbish it for my granddaughter to store her dolls, their clothing and other accessories and equipment.she had. She was 5 at the time and will be 21 in July it's still unrefurbished.

• Carolee Botkin

Oh, how cute this is!!!! I really like this idea!