Old Family Trunk Into a Beautiful Planter!

28K Views
This old trunk has been in my husband’s family forever. We have kept it hoping some day to actually use it instead of just sitting someplace out of the way. I finally had an idea while sitting at our lake house on Seneca Lake.
  • old family trunk into a beautiful planter, container gardening, gardening, how to, repurposing upcycling
I found some old totes and cut them down so they would fit inside the trunk.
I also used a hot glue gun to attach faux moss to the top to make it a little more interesting.
I added holes and rocks to the bottom of the totes for drainage.
Added soil and flowers and now I have this beautiful planter at our Lake House! Now we can enjoy the old trunk that is filled with memories instead of keeping it in storage!
Visit my blog to see the full tutorial.

Suggested materials for this project:

Sheri

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!

Ask a Question