DIY Woven Basket From a Tomato Cage

3 materials
So, I’ve been into this weaving thang lately. Because of it, I’ve hoarded yarn like a New Zealand ewe in the dead of winter. My hoarding tendencies have forced me to come up with storage options that are a) pretty to look at and b) fun to make. And that’s what this DIY is all about.
diy woven basket from a tomato cage, crafts, diy, home decor, All the materials you need
All the materials you need.
You’ll need:
* A tomato cage that’s been sawed/cut
* Twine, string, rope…whatever suits your 50 Shades of Grey fancy
* Painters tape (not shown because you know what it looks like and I simply forgot to include it in the pic)
diy woven basket from a tomato cage, crafts, diy, home decor, Step by step
Step-by-step.
But all you do is tie a knot and start weaving your twine/rope in an over-under manner. I decided to use two colors (yellow and white) to give my basket a little interest. Weave one color at a time.
diy woven basket from a tomato cage, crafts, diy, home decor, Bring yarn over and under
Bring yarn over and under.
One thing to remember is to not pull down on the rope too tightly. If the tension is too tight, your basket will go wonky. Using painters tape to secure your weave will help a ton.
diy woven basket from a tomato cage, crafts, diy, home decor, Great for yarn storage
Great for yarn storage!
Into your new home you go, little balls of yarn.
diy woven basket from a tomato cage, crafts, diy, home decor, Ta dah
Ta dah!
When it comes to crafting, there’s no denying that I’ve become a complete basket case.
Go get your weave on!
Lin

Questions on this post

2  questions

Comments

11 of 85 comments
Next