How to: a DIY Rug Done in 15 for Less Than $15!

$14

Yep, that's right! A 15 for 15 DIY rug! A super simple rug for low traffic areas!

Perusing the incredibly large fabric store in town for something else entirely, a store that carries likely everything on the planet, I stumbled across a remnant lump of glorious of fuzzy fluffy fabric.

Before my Rational Brain could stop Brain on Fabric, I was running for the checkout line. Be sure to come visit my blog for all the fun details on this project as well as many others at Flipping the Flip

Ah Finn, being ever-so-helpful as always! See, our library, a tiny little purposeless room turned library, it gets no use really. So any kind of rug I put in there, it will never get trounced or dirty or worn. So fabric, why not?!

I had purchased a non-slip rug pad eons ago and had started this rug differently. Upon racing in the door, I ripped the old stuff off and dashed to the basement to make the new rug. I laid the fabric out upside down, laid the rug pad over it, and using a needle and thread, tacked the two together.

To see more details about this, visit the post by clicking here.

I cut the fabric wider than the pad in case it curled.

Ran upstairs, moved the furniture out of the way like a crazy person, spread out the rug, moved the furniture back, stood back and grinned. Yay!

It's perfect! It works with all the other things in the room, all of which you can read about on my blog by clicking the link below!

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Becky at Flipping the Flip

• Mary Smith

Did you do anything to finish the edges of the fabric? Has it raveled?

• SnowKnitty

If you want to be able to wash it without the edges unraveling, flip it over, apply Fray Check along the edges, and let it dry. Fray Check (and its competitor products) are fabric glues intended to hold up in the wash. You can also use Modge Podge or Elmer's Glue if you don't foresee machine washing.

Avoid letting the glue run down and get on the fluffy fibers. If you like, you can apply a strip of painter's tape around the perimeter to hold the "fluff" out of the way until the glue has dried.