How to: a DIY Rug Done in 15 for Less Than $15!

$14

Yep, that's right! A 15 for 15 DIY rug! A super simple rug for low traffic areas!
Perusing the incredibly large fabric store in town for something else entirely, a store that carries likely everything on the planet, I stumbled across a remnant lump of glorious of fuzzy fluffy fabric.
Before my Rational Brain could stop Brain on Fabric, I was running for the checkout line. Be sure to come visit my blog for all the fun details on this project as well as many others at Flipping the Flip, humboldtartdept.blogspot.com.
Ah Finn, being ever-so-helpful as always! See, our library, a tiny little purposeless room turned library, it gets no use really. So any kind of rug I put in there, it will never get trounced or dirty or worn. So fabric, why not?!
I had purchased a non-slip rug pad eons ago and had started this rug differently. Upon racing in the door, I ripped the old stuff off and dashed to the basement to make the new rug. I laid the fabric out upside down, laid the rug pad over it, and using a needle and thread, tacked the two together.
I cut the fabric wider than the pad in case it curled.
Ran upstairs, moved the furniture out of the way like a crazy person, spread out the rug, moved the furniture back, stood back and grinned. Yay!
It's perfect! It works with all the other things in the room, all of which you can read about on my blog by clicking the link below!

Becky at Flipping the Flip

• Mary Smith

Did you do anything to finish the edges of the fabric? Has it raveled?

• Becky at Flipping the Flip

I didn’t only because we’re hardly ever in this room but they could certainly be stitched. So far it’s been fine as is, but again, this room gets no traffic.