How To Add Vertical Interest To Your Flower Beds & Containers

39K Views
Low growing annuals in flower beds and containers are just plain boring. If you want to add height and vertical interest to your flower borders and container gardens, here are some of my tried and true ideas!
  • how to add vertical interest to your flower beds containers, container gardening, flowers, gardening, how to, outdoor living
Idea number one: Plant some tall perennials in the back row of your garden border!
Add ladders with containers of annuals to your gardens!
An old tree house ladder with teapot planters.
Plant in raised containers right in the flower bed. Here my sister in law adds vertical interest with a bird bath pedestal and laundry tub framed by an old window in the garden! Fun and interesting!
Use funnels on broomstick planters!
Double-decker container gardens! Are you getting the idea? Height = more interest!
Check out more of my vertical interest ideas on my blog!

Suggested materials for this project:

Organized Clutter

Ask a Question
      • Anna Ibarra
        Anna Ibarra San Antonio, TX

Oh just perfect. This is what I have trouble with. Can you come help me! -) I need help in that area. -(

• Debi53
          Debi53 Broadway, NC

Thank you so much for sharing this. We have been overhauling our yard & I have been looking for that special something. I just found it.