Tracy Snyder
Tracy Snyder
  • Whiteland, IN

DIY Produce Stand

This produce stand is the perfect solution to little counter space, like we have. We needed a place to keep produce like potatoes, apples, bananas, tomatoes and peppers and still have cleared counters.
diy produce stand for the kitchen, how to, organizing, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas, woodworking projects
I found these old but never used pot holders in my parents garage. They are to be used to hold planted flowers on a thin porch rail but i thought they would work perfect to hold our produce.
This is a one board project. I cut an 8 foot long 1x3 board to build this. Cut that board into two 35.5 inch and two 12.5 inch pieces. You'll also need a dowel or closet rod that is 1.5 inch in diameter, cut the dowel to 10 inch sections. sand all your pieces. Optional take a router to knock off the sharp edges of your cut board.
Find and mark down the center of the longer boards. Then with a 1.5 inch forstner bit drill 3 holes for the dowels, do not drill all the way through the board. The 1st hole is 1 inch from the top, the 2nd hole is 11.5 inches from the 1st hole and the 3rd hole is 11.5 inches from the 2nd hole.
Put your cut dowels into the holes of one board, line up the second board onto the dowels and hold together with clamps to screw together.
And the shorter boards to the ends of the longer boards the feet for the stand. Mark the center, line it up and drill pilot holes before screwing together.
Add your baskets and your done. Or keep going by painting it. I opted to paint our stand white.
Add your produce!!! Or store something else in it. What would you this stand to organize.

Tracy Snyder

• Kay Summey Smith

WHERE DO YOU GET THOSE BASKETS WITH THE HANGERS ON THEM?

• Karen

Family Dollar, Dollar General and Dollar Tree.

• Daisy

Love your ideas, would really like to give them a try. Where would I find the hanging baskets? Thanks for sharing, waiting for more of your ideas to try.

THANKS

• Jenni

Garden centers too but of course much more expensive.

• Lori

Wouldn’t the potatoes fall out of the basket? Or is there a clear container inside the wire basket?

• Deana

Love this idea, I think I will make a few different ones.

For flowers, my craft room, and in future my glass studio to hold my tools and my Glass. Kitchen has all sorts of uses for these as well.

Kids rooms okay going to stop now haha

• Sue

Flower basket liners would look really cute and hold the fruit and veggies in😊