Sow and Dipity
Sow and Dipity
  • Canada

DIY Bird Feeder Made From Pallet Wood

A Pallet AND Recycled Wine bottle craft in one! Use up the scraps from an old pallet to make this simple rustic bird feeder that your feathered friends will love.
diy bird feeder made from pallet wood, crafts, gardening, how to, pallet, pets animals, repurposing upcycling
The finished DIY Bird Feeder was roughly painted for a rustic look with an outdoor acrylic paint.
This pallet was turned into 5 projects... that's right 5! After I made up my mind on what to make, I measured out all the projects and used a jiffy pen to mark out the pieces... you know the drill, measure twice, cut once! Want to know what else was made from this pallet? Subscribe to my feed to see them all, I'll be releasing the posts in the coming weeks.
Once I had all my pieces assembled, I screwed them all together.
The feed tray has slightly raised sides to keep the seeds from spilling out. Once the wine bottle is inverted, it only releases the feed as the birds empty the tray.
It turned out great and the birds love it. To get the details on how to make this project, visit the link below.
Sow and Dipity

• Lauri Wright-Gann

Wouldn't you leave enough space at the top to just remove the bottle?

• Totty

Yes, my kids got engaged so I will use the champagne bottle for a lasting memory of a wonderful evening