Repurposed Garden Bike

For the last few years I have been eyeing this old bike the previous owners left behind as garden art. It was a cute bike but she had glued massive fake flowers on both the seat and inside the adorable little wooden flower box.
I of course removed the fake flowers the minute we moved in and even found a small wasp nest inside the flower box. The bike has been sitting against the fence for a few years now empty.
After seeing so many cute one's on Pinterest and various garden blogs I knew I had to pizazz mine up. I know some like the natural, rusted look of the bikes for their gardens but in my world I love bright colors and turning it into art.
I pride myself on creating a one of a kind from something everyone has which means... some paint in a pretty color and a touch of acrylic. This was a simple process.
I washed the bike down with water and then sprayed it with a bright red spray paint. I did the tires as well.
I painted a bohemian flower vine with acrylics on the bike in pops of yellows, greens, and pinks.
I watered down some white acrylic paint and painted the wooden box and added Welcome to the front with black acrylic paint as well. I then sprayed it down really good with the finishing spray to protect it.
I have several acrylic painted objects in my yard that have
held up nicely in this Wyoming weather after coating them with finishing spray.
I wanted something fun and bohemian yet simple. : )
You can see more on the blog.

The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Kimberly Noelle

• Lovesunique
    Lovesunique

Super cute paint job and stencil on box.

• Mikie
    Mikie

Really kewl. Very petty to look at, and nice add to the garden area. I like the red too!