Repurposed Garden Bike

For the last few years I have been eyeing this old bike the previous owners left behind as garden art. It was a cute bike but she had glued massive fake flowers on both the seat and inside the adorable little wooden flower box.
repurposed garden bike, container gardening, gardening, repurposing upcycling
I of course removed the fake flowers the minute we moved in and even found a small wasp nest inside the flower box. The bike has been sitting against the fence for a few years now empty.
After seeing so many cute one's on Pinterest and various garden blogs I knew I had to pizazz mine up. I know some like the natural, rusted look of the bikes for their gardens but in my world I love bright colors and turning it into art.
I pride myself on creating a one of a kind from something everyone has which means... some paint in a pretty color and a touch of acrylic. This was a simple process.
I washed the bike down with water and then sprayed it with a bright red spray paint. I did the tires as well.
I painted a bohemian flower vine with acrylics on the bike in pops of yellows, greens, and pinks.
I watered down some white acrylic paint and painted the wooden box and added Welcome to the front with black acrylic paint as well. I then sprayed it down really good with the finishing spray to protect it.
I have several acrylic painted objects in my yard that have
held up nicely in this Wyoming weather after coating them with finishing spray.
I wanted something fun and bohemian yet simple. : )
You can see more on the blog.
Kimberly Noelle

• What finishing spray did you use?

• Did you paint the flowers on the bike or did you use some kind of stencil? I have a "white bike" in my back yard and have covered it with a pink rose garland. I am looking for a basket to put on my bike.

• She13776589

Go to a craft store; Michaels, A.C. Moore, Hobby Lobby, etc. They can help with
      all your craft needs!

• Debbie

How did you attach the flower box to the bike?

• Lovesunique

Super cute paint job and stencil on box.

• Mikie

Really kewl. Very petty to look at, and nice add to the garden area. I like the red too!