How to Update an Old Piece Using Lace and Spray Paint

I love to transform old pieces and create something beautiful I heard of the lace painting technique and couldn't wait to try it. It gives such a gorgoeus and exquisite finish and yet is so simple to use. All you wull need is some old lace or net curtain and spray paint.
This is the before picture of the not so extraordinary drawers. I had to do quite a bit of fixing and usign my imagination on this one. But I did have a vision and I really thought I could make something stunning from this. This was my blank canvas.
They were damaged but still very sturdy.
This is the finished product, it is hard to believe the transformation.

From Evija with Love

• Margorie

Did you paint the lace on to the drawers? You don't explain how you did it.

• Enza

I went to the blog and I don't see how you explain the process. Do you sand the piece? Do you tape the curtain onto the individual pieces? Can you use the same curtain over and over? It's so beautiful that I have to do this to an old bureau!

• From Evija with Love

Sand the piece lightly even if using chalk paint, paint it with base paint whichever colour you want, then I placed lace curtain so that a pattern would run from one drawer to another so I’d use either a large piece to cover all drawers or cut a continuous piece so that the lacy pattern runs as one if you know what I mean . Spray using a contrasting colour and that’s about it. Sorry for lack of instruction I remember it was a windy day I needed to get it done quickly ! 😆

• Suzzanne Doublez

Is there some place where this is explained?

• From Evija with Love

There should be a link to the blog post.. but in two words.. Sand the piece lightly even if using chalk paint, paint it with base paint whichever colour you want, then I placed lace curtain so that a pattern would run from one drawer to another so I’d use either a large piece to cover all drawers or cut a continuous piece so that the lacy pattern runs as one if you know what I mean . Spray using a contrasting colour and that’s about it. Sorry for lack of instruction I remember it was a windy day I needed to get it done quickly !

• Joanie

I'm IN TO this Lace........I'm definitely gonna try this!!

• Doris

Love this idea for my bedroom dresser...cant wait thanks for the great awesome idea

• Elizabeth

Hi Doris, Where did you find the instructions for this? It's beautiful!