How to Update an Old Piece Using Lace and Spray Paint

I love to transform old pieces and create something beautiful I heard of the lace painting technique and couldn't wait to try it. It gives such a gorgoeus and exquisite finish and yet is so simple to use. All you wull need is some old lace or net curtain and spray paint.
This is the before picture of the not so extraordinary drawers. I had to do quite a bit of fixing and usign my imagination on this one. But I did have a vision and I really thought I could make something stunning from this. This was my blank canvas.
They were damaged but still very sturdy.
This is the finished product, it is hard to believe the transformation.

The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
From Evija with Love

• GIL28520577

Do you remove the lace when paint is dry?
    • From Evija with Love

i removed the lace as soon as I finished spraying , there is no need to wait Until paint dries. I first lifted a corner to see if I was happy with coverage too
  • Shaylin Burke

What about that lamp tho!?

• Elizabeth

How did you do this. It’s very pretty.

• From Evija with Love

If you click on the blog post there are more instructions, but basically I used a lace curtain and spray paint

• Sharon Parsley

I’m thinking of doing this with the mini blinds. After seeing this I just may have to do my dresser. I love the way yours turned out. Did you also paint the lamp shade?

• Jeanette Collins

Very nicely done! I wonder if the original drawer pulls left holes that needed filling and if so, what did you use to smooth the drawer front?

• Margorie

Did you paint the lace on to the drawers? You don't explain how you did it.

• Enza

I went to the blog and I don't see how you explain the process. Do you sand the piece? Do you tape the curtain onto the individual pieces? Can you use the same curtain over and over? It's so beautiful that I have to do this to an old bureau!

• From Evija with Love

Sand the piece lightly even if using chalk paint, paint it with base paint whichever colour you want, then I placed lace curtain so that a pattern would run from one drawer to another so I’d use either a large piece to cover all drawers or cut a continuous piece so that the lacy pattern runs as one if you know what I mean . Spray using a contrasting colour and that’s about it. Sorry for lack of instruction I remember it was a windy day I needed to get it done quickly ! 😆

• Suzzanne Doublez

Is there some place where this is explained?

• From Evija with Love

There should be a link to the blog post.. but in two words.. Sand the piece lightly even if using chalk paint, paint it with base paint whichever colour you want, then I placed lace curtain so that a pattern would run from one drawer to another so I’d use either a large piece to cover all drawers or cut a continuous piece so that the lacy pattern runs as one if you know what I mean . Spray using a contrasting colour and that’s about it. Sorry for lack of instruction I remember it was a windy day I needed to get it done quickly !

• Doris

Love this idea for my bedroom dresser...cant wait thanks for the great awesome idea

• Elizabeth

Hi Doris, Where did you find the instructions for this? It's beautiful!

• Catherine

Maybe with the proper instructions everybody is looking for