Debbie
Debbie
  • Riverside, CA
Asked on Jan 28, 2013

Hi, I'm looking for beautiful plexiglas 4'x8'panels that incase, grass, twigs &/or, leaves,.

Made in the Shade...Blinds & More!DebbieTammy Lynn Hebert
+1

I have seen these sheets used only in commercial decor, hospitals, resturants, office buildings, etc. They seem to come in 1/4" and larger thickness. I have yet to find them on line or in building material stores. It shouldnt be that difficult to find them, but I am. Please guide me and advise. Thanks dp

This online source has plexiglass sheets of that size but they warn that shipping them is quite expensive (and the sheets themselves aren't cheap, either): http://www.professionalplastics.com/PLEXIGLASS-ACRYLICSHEET-EXTRUDED

• Tammy Lynn Hebert

Oh wish I was closer-I've got nine we ordered to do storm windows on our old house but decided not to..now I've got no use for them. Yes they are expensive to buy and ship..

• Debbie

thank you for your response, do you remember where you purchaced these sheets? best regards.debbie

• For plexigass be sure to do your homework to determine if it is appropriate for your use. Plexiglass can develop a milky fog over time and scratches easily. I had a similar project and consulted my local glass company. They sell and install plexiglass. After reviewing the material characteristics, we decided to use glass since for best appearance over time.