Teresa Frankfurth
Teresa Frankfurth
  • Bigfork, MT
Asked on Jan 29, 2013

where to purchase chalk paint (a.sloan) in western montana? ie:Missoula area? Whitefish?

JBTaniaMary Ker
+8

that's it!...can't find it in my parts...in bozeman..but that's a little far for a can of paint or two or three or...oh! and some wax too!
  • 3po3

There have been some great DIY recipes for chalk paint on Hometalk. Here's one: http://www.hometalk.com/648112/homemade-chalk-paint-recipe

• Miriam I

@The Empty Nest is an Annie Sloan retailer,. She might know.

• KMS Woodworks

The only listing in MT from the Ann Sloan web site is in Bozeman, a place called the antique barn. If I remember my basic Montana Geography from road trips that is about 200 miles from you. The next closest would be in Bonners ferry ID...which is about 250 miles. Looks like there might be some Online ordering in your future.

• Kay

Try ACE

• Tonya Hull Sacco

I order from The Purple Painted Lady. She ships same day all over the country. Very friendly and great service. Very helpful with all questions!! Good luck! http://www.thepurplepaintedlady.com

• Cathy Stevens

@Salvage Designs in Billlings, Mt is the largest Annie Sloan Chalk PAINT® stockist. They have classes, books, and are very experienced faux painters! They also ship!

• Cathy Stevens

@ www.salvagedesignsmt.com

• Kathy Meador Wells

Make your own, there are a few recipes out there. You can always see if Amazon.com has it. You can google it also and see what comes up to order it. There are also other brands of chalk paint. One is junk gypsys.

• Mary Ker

Also Lowe's carries a line of chalk paint.

• Tania

Walmart in MN now caries Waverly chalk paint and Classic home. Waverly is in the "crafty" area and Classic Home is by spray paint, I have used both, and they are both very nice chalk paint, and they have both dark and clear wax plus some other treats! I have used ASCP, Americana, Waverly, Folk Art, Classic Home, and made my own ( I think the best is Calcium Carbonate, over POP or grout) I love them all!!!

• JB

Menards mixes chalk paint to whatever color you want. I believe it's in their Dutch Boy line of paints. Not sure about the waxes, tho'.