The Golden Sycamore
The Golden Sycamore
  • Livonia, MI

Updated Dresser Turned Changing Table

This dresser was given to me by a friend. It needed a bit of tlc, but it was well worth all the hard work. The whole piece was stripped down to bare wood and then stained. The top got a couple coats of polyurethane and the body was given two coats of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paris Grey. It now resides in our future baby's nursery, ready to be used as a changing table.
This dresser had a peeling crackle paint job before I got my hands on it.  It desperately needed a facelift.  The whole thing got stripped down and then the top got stained and the body got painted with ASCP Paris Grey.
This dresser had a peeling crackle paint job before I got my hands on it. It desperately needed a facelift. The whole thing got stripped down and then the top got stained and the body got painted with ASCP Paris Grey.
I love these drawer pulls I found at IKEA.  They were the right size and the style fit perfectly with the look I was going for.
I love these drawer pulls I found at IKEA. They were the right size and the style fit perfectly with the look I was going for.
I love the contrast between stained and painted wood.
Can't wait till our baby arrives and we can put this changing table/dresser to good use!
The Golden Sycamore

• Sue hurd

Great look,,,did you refinish the top ? I 'd like to refinish the top of a dresser,,thanks

• Blissfully Domestic

This is so smart! I love that it's a dresser that can grow up with the baby as he or she gets older instead of a temporary furniture piece like most changing tables. Plus it looks so sturdy and safe! I clipped this to the Preparing Your Home for Parenthood board. Great idea!

• Joanna Laffey

Love this table! Beautiful shape!