Update an Old Glass Container Using Spray Paint and Rubber Bands

Everything looks better in gold, dont you think? I find that so many pieces can be brought back to life using simply some gold spray paint. These glass containers were old and the gold was scratched off, so I decided to update them with a fresh layer of gold spray paint. I didn't want them to all be plain gold, so used some rubber bands to achieve this look.
update an old glass container using spray paint and rubber bands, crafts, how to, repurposing upcycling
get a few rubber bands.
Put them nice and straight around the glass container, they can overlap or be straight lines, totally up to you.
then spray paint away in a well ventilated area
Once the spraypaint is dry, carefully remove the rubber bands. You should be left with nice and crisp lines.
From Evija with Love

• Lana DiJosie

How long do you wait before you take the rubber bands off?

• From Evija with Love

Lana read the label on your spray can I think I left it about an hour (until it was touch dry )

• Crystal Seagle Garrett

Are these dishwasher safe? What kind of paint did you use?

• Carole Cordes Juarez

If you clear coat them with a sealer they may not scratch as easy. But remember these are spray painted and no longer should be used for drinking glasses. Unleass there is a food safe clear coat or you dont paint the top inch or so...

• Jerry DeYoung

any problem with the paint peeling or chipping; wonder if a coat of clear acrylic spray would help?

• From Evija with Love

It hasn't chippde or peeled.. I think the secret is to spray it not too thick and also take care of it (hand wash only)

• Bam14043151

I would put newspaper inside while painting and also a small piece of paper over top securing it with my 1st rubber band around top edge (where your mouth goes) that way the usage of a drinking glass will still be safe (from paint chemicals) nice idea I like repurposing things

• Sharon Gregoire-Barnes

Thanks for the idea, works wonders! Tried it on this large old wine glass I picked up at a thrift store for 50¢