Update an Old Glass Container Using Spray Paint and Rubber Bands

Everything looks better in gold, dont you think? I find that so many pieces can be brought back to life using simply some gold spray paint. These glass containers were old and the gold was scratched off, so I decided to update them with a fresh layer of gold spray paint. I didn't want them to all be plain gold, so used some rubber bands to achieve this look.
get a few rubber bands.
Put them nice and straight around the glass container, they can overlap or be straight lines, totally up to you.
then spray paint away in a well ventilated area
Once the spraypaint is dry, carefully remove the rubber bands. You should be left with nice and crisp lines.

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
From Evija with Love

• Summer
    Summer

What’s the easiest way to get the rubber bands off so not to mess up your paint?

• From Evija with Love
      From Evija with Love

If you let it dry completely you will not mess up the dry paint.. make sure you leave it to dry overnight and spray two thin coats rather than one thick coat which may drip

• Jenny
    Jenny

I have tried this several times but when I try to take the rubber bands off, some of the paint comes off with the rubber bands so the lines aren’t clearly defined. What am I doing wrong?

• Kaci
      Kaci

You could use blue painters tape, instead of rubber bands, then when the paint is dry, peel off the blue tape. You can cut it into thinner pieces.

• Terri Tittl
    Terri Tittl

Do you spray the I side of the case?