DIY Terra-Cotta Fountain

Gotta Terra Cotta! These pot's are on trend right now. Decorate them any way you want but the best way to use them is in this super easy DIY Terra-Cotta Water Fountain.
Even if you have a small patio, you can find a spot for a small fountain like this. If you're near a busy road or a noisy neighbor, the white noise created from a fountain can drown out unwanted sounds.
All you need is a series of pots and saucers and small table top fountain pump like this will do for a project this size.
You'll need to DRILL A HOLE in the saucers for the pump tube and you can use a Dremel tool for making divots in the sides for water to flow through. ****CAREFUL!!**** SPECIAL CARE is needed on how to PREP the terra cotta so it won't crack, INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO DO THIS IN THE LINK BELOW.

Sow and Dipity

• Juanita S

I really like it and would like to do the project. Do you have more detailed instructions??

• Linda Sikut

Just in case anyone else reads this comment, I wanted folks to know that the link works fine now.
  • Katherine Kinsey

Will the terracotta pots need protection from frosts?

• Artemis

Probably not from frost, but definitely if there's a freeze and especially if they're in an unprotected area.

I don't get a lot of freezing weather in my area (central gulf coast Florida, USA), but I still keep my Terra cotta fountain on the patio where it's somewhat protected from the elements.

I've never had issues with the ones that I use for planters, but I understand, if there's moisture in the soil it could freeze and crack the pots. My sister lives in a more "frigid" environment and she has had this problem.

• Genine Annesley

This is beautiful. I love it. Thank you for sharing....i'm going to try this....just hope it works for me. Well done 💝
  • Artemis

When I first started gardening I thought every planter needed a saucer. After a year, I matured a bit and was left with a stack of unused Terra cotta saucers. So, with the help of my son, we constructed a fountain. It's now about 14 years old and has lasted through several iterations.
    , This is the most recent configuration 2016