Reclaimed Wood Photo Display

I really wanted my kids cute faces to look at when I went up my stairs. But I didn't want the typical collage of frames, or just plain frames for that matter!
My Dad had a stack of old trim boards from my sister's house when they gutted it.
He told me I could have them or he was burning them.
The photo is a little grainy because I didn't have a photo of the huge stack of wood, and since Facebook doesn't allow you to "save as" I had to take a picture of my computer screen when my sister messaged it to me on Facebook. She was actually planning on stripping these all, refinishing them, and putting them back in the house! She got a little overwhelmed I'd say.... and they bought all new. :)
Not only did he give me some, but he cut them and glued/nailed them together for me! What a guy. I was so excited when he brought me the stack that I could have hugged him!! But we aren't really huggers, so I just jumped up and down for a while while fist pumping.
I cut a piece of paper the same size as each and taped them on the wall to get them exactly where I wanted them before putting nails through my plaster.
Each one has a sawtooth hanger on the back, and then I spray painted a mismatched set of 8 x 10 frames black and hung them in the middle of the boards.
I just did a quick search through my picture files on the computer and pulled out some of my faves of each child and had them printed at Wal Mart in black and white. An hour later, and they were ready for pick up!
I decided against glass on them so I wouldn't have a glare. Oldest to youngest, now I get to see my sweetie pies in a "designer look" as I descend my stairway every morning. :)
To see more thrifty decor and more of the house we are restoring, visit my blog www.kammyskorner.com.

31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Kammy's Korner

• Eileen

I absolutely love these!! I wish my dad was still alive. He was a brilliant carpenter. Guess I’ll try this on my own. Thanks so much!

• Pepper

You should really start to be a hugging family.