Audrey C. B
Audrey C. B
  • Oakland, AR
Asked on Jan 29, 2013

I live on a lake and would like ideas for Lake living decor. I find a lot for beach & ocean.

Tami @ Curb Alert!WallsTreat Studio/ Kass WilsonGail Salminen
+6

Doesn't anyone else live on a lake with water sports and lots of fishing?

I think you'll get a lot of ideas if you do a search for "Adirondack style."

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

Cabela's has cabin decor, could be some usable ideas there. Then you can create some really cool stuff and post it here. I see a great future for you!

• Humphries Homes

Bass Pro Shops very similar to Cabelas has a lot of lake stuff as well. Most flea markets around lake areas have a lot as well. At my personal lake house I used a couple of old boat oars as curtain rods. I had a lot of old fishing lures and I framed them individually matted on potato sack material with small frames 4x4 or so. We took an old galvanized minnow bucket turned it upside down and made a lamp shade. i am using a trout fishing basket for remotes on coffee table. Just some of the things I can think of I will try to get pics for you later today. Good luck and its okay to be a little FISHY!!!

• LaVonne D

We're building a log cabin guest house on our trout fishing river property. most of the decor is reclaimed/recycled vintage finds (minnow buckets, oars, fishing lures) also using lots of material from the river and woods. river rock to make the hearth for our wood stove, cut logs for end tables and checkers game table.

• Kimberly Barney

Google Lake Girl for an entire line of lake products.

• Audrey C. B

I need ideas for decorating my lakehouse which is my permanentt home..

• Gail Salminen

@Audrey C. B it really depends on your decorating/colour tastes. You can go cottage style, beach style etc. I find shabby chic works by the water or anywhere. Here is a site that may provide some ideas for you - http://www.houzz.com/shabby-chic You can also search the site for other trends. The nice thing about going for a new look is you can go thrifting to do it on a dime and there are lots of ideas on this site on how to transform into a piece that suits your needs including repurposing items. Thanks for posing the question and if you have the time do post pics of your transformation.

• Yes, the terms you plug into the search engines will make a difference. Try descriptions that identify your style or theme. . . vintage, cottage, lodge, rustic, mountain, fishing, hunting, etc.

• Tami @ Curb Alert!

Our friends have a lake house that the have used large oars as curtain rods, nautical stars in their decor. It's cute