Asked on Jun 30, 2015

Refrigerator water dispenser tray

Mohd ShuaibCarol KavanaghBrenda Boyd Hayes
+16

How do I clean this??
  • Judy Mcq
    Judy Mcq

How to Remove Hard Water Deposits from an Ice Dispenser ... www.howtocleanstuff.net ›

• Angie Standiford
    Angie Standiford

Put a paper towel on the tray and pour vinegar on it. Pour enough to saturate the paper towel. Let it sit. You can put a saturated paper towel on the water dispenser. You might have to cover it in foil to keep it on.

• Cailinn
    Cailinn

Remove the tray..i like to use a solution of dish soap water and alcohol..spray it down let it sit for a couple seconds and wipe it down

• Lois Franklin
    Lois Franklin

I just pop mine out and put it in the dishwasher.

• 512181
    512181

That is hard water deposits you are seeing. Clean it up the best you can with vinegar and maybe a magic eraser. You could use harsher cleaners too . If the tray comes out, it is easier to clean. We have a soft water system and reverse osmosis for the drinking water so we do not have the hard water deposits. However, my mom had this on a refrigerator. We were selling the house and I wanted it to look nice. I cleaned it the best I could and then carefully taped everything off with paper and painters tape. I then used spray paint designed for plastic. I used black. It came out so nice. We stopped using the water at that point since we were listing the home so I don't know how long it would hold up. We ended up selling the fridge on Craigslist after house sold, but we told the buyer what we had done. He was not going to hook up water to the fridge, so he did not care.

• Deanna Church
    Deanna Church

Dishwasher about once a month keeps mine clean.

• Carol Kavanagh
    Carol Kavanagh

I use vinegar and baking powder made into a paste and an old tooth brush to remove the hard water stains/mineral deposits on mine. I only have to clean mine every few months

• Beth
      Beth

Don't you mean vinegar and baking SODA? :) I've actually never heard of using baking powder as a cleaning agent. ;)
  • Hannah
    Hannah

Vinegar method is my favourite! White vinegar Lime Away or other lime scale remover Soft cloths Water Dish detergent Old toothbrush

• Deborah
      Deborah

Good. I'e tried some, but then there is a very noticeable white finish left that look bad. I think I might try "sanding" it, but it is a problem-
  • Trudy
    Trudy

Soak in white vinegar. For the parts that don't come off/out wrap in a paper towel soacked with the vinegar and cover with a baggie. Be generous, it's cheap. Tie on for several ours.

• Sarah
    Sarah

Refrigerator repairman showed me this......with a dry microfiber cleaning cloth. Works on tray and the levers.

• Julie Dever
    Julie Dever

The vinegar is the best, All great things that work!

• Sheila D
    Sheila D

Agree with all of above=moved into house that had a stained try and used vinegar and baking soda. Looks like new.

• Cheryl Hudson
    Cheryl Hudson

The fridge in our new home was so bad the vinegar didn't work, went to lime-away (still orange) used spray paint. Looks like new.

• Cindy
    Cindy

I tried the vinegar to no avail but CLR helped amazingly!!

• Brenda Boyd Hayes
    Brenda Boyd Hayes

I also had a hard time trying to clean mine. I scrubbed most of the paint off. My husband bought silver spray paint and now it looks brand new again.

• Carol Kavanagh
    Carol Kavanagh

Just baking powder. I use it to clean my teeth and my oven glass
  • Mohd Shuaib
    Mohd Shuaib

How to Fix Leaking a refrigerator Problem?

If the refrigerator is leaking water, then the problem can be a gasket, the water inlet valve (which supplies the refrigerator with water and ice with dispensable water), or even the ice maker. Water on the kitchen floor? What about the pool that is growing on the floor inside the refrigerator? This common problem is usually easy to fix because there are only a few potential offenders: your door gasket, defrost drain and drain pan.

Read More