American Flag Crib Rails

These crib rails were given to me at a garage sale as a "free with purchase" of a larger furniture item. I can never pass up freebies so of course I accepted! They sat in my yard for three years between some old pallets, until inspiration finally struck!
Here it is before: an outdated, unsafe, old crib rail previously painted pink with turquoise accents.
american flag crib rails, chalk paint, gardening, outdoor living, painted furniture, painting, patriotic decor ideas, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
I worked some very scientific measurements here with a T-square and a pencil. lol!
A few paint strokes later totally transformed the look and is now part of our patriotic decor!
Here's a tip: If you are a perfectionist then this project may not be for you, but if you can get over trying to draw straight lines on curved spindles without cursing then it's definitely worth a try!
I used Annie Sloan paints and brushed it with some stain to give it that antique, rustic look.
I cannot wait to show it off during our July 4th Celebration! Head over to the blog to see the full flag reveal!

Tami @ Curb Alert!

• AMY

Did you sand the crib rail? or use primer? just trying to figure out where to start

• Curb Alert!

Amy, hi I used chalk paints and they adhere pretty well without sanding. It doesn't hurt to do a light sanding though. Good luck!

• Marie DeSalvo

great idea and so creative. Believe it or not I have an old crib stashed in my garage from my children. it is very similar to this. ages ago I have seen a garden bench made from an old crib. Would you by any chance have anything like that in your library of redo's?LOL In the meantime I will see if I can Find the original plans.