Smith
Smith
  • Myrtle Beach, SC

The Minions Are Taking Over!

My grandson loves the Minions and I wanted to do something special for his room. I painted his dresser blue and the drawers yellow. But what to do about the handles? To the dollar store!! I bought silver 6 flashlights (one for each handle) and took them apart.
minions themed painted dresser, painted furniture
Next I drilled 2 holes, one on each side of the top.
Next I cut 6 pieces of black strapping. I folded each one and sewed the ends together to form a circle with the seam hidden in the back.
Next I cut 6 circles the size of the flashlight top out of yellow foam I had laying around. Then I glued a wiggle eye on each one.
I sewed each one to a strapping. I poked holes and put in screws
Then put them on the drawers. The Minions are watching!!!
Now on to the mirror!

• Sue Peet

What did you do with the rest of the flashlight? Oh by the way your idea was very creative, thinking outside the box.

• Elainr

I recently pulled up a few solar lights, the kind from the dollar store, and disassembled them to see how I could recycle them the top has a brushed silver ring that would be perfect for this