Three Nesting Tables and an Octopus

19K Views
Meet Oscar the Octopus!
This set of nesting tables was screaming for something wonderful, colorful and opposite of the condition I found it in. I was challenged this month by The Fab Furniture Flippin' Contest to create something with color. "Come On, Let Your Colors Burst!" was the theme for July, winner will receive a prize from this month's sponsor I have to admit Katie Perry is one of my favorite inspirational singers... I know... I know, but seriously. Listen to her Firework song and tell me you can't scream... er... sing at the top of your lungs that verse... a
"Come On, Let Your Colors Burst!"
As soon as I saw the theme I began singing as I typed my name into the entry slot... it is my artistic theme song!
So why an octopus... I honestly don't know. I have always admired the colors of the underwater world but I remember seeing a beautiful red/orange/yellow octopus at an aquarium once and the legs of these nesting tables just screamed make me something unique! I will admit it's a bit out there, not my normal style but I couldn't help myself.
I JUST LOVE THIS NESTING TABLES PROJECT! You can find more info here: http://uniquelygrace.com/product/three-nesting-tables-and-an-octopus/
Time: 15 HoursDifficulty: Advanced
  • three nesting tables with octopus design, painted furniture
Shabby Paints brand Chalk-Acrylic Paints: Betsy Ross Red, Volunteer (orange), Coral Paradise, Texas Rose (yellow), So Serene (aqua), Marine Blue, Brown Bronze Shimmer, Licorice (black), and Alamo White.
Before these sad nesting tables were covered in layers and layers of latex... I didn't even have to use stripper... it all peeled right off!
The octopus wraps over the edges of the tables allowing the images to flow from one to the other and still have a black boarder to help the colors pop.
ist

Suggested materials for this project:

Letitia Grace Lauer

Ask a Question