Rosemary Palmer
Rosemary Palmer
  • Chattanooga, TN

Shabby Chic American Flag

I'm Rosemary at Not Just Paper and Paint. I needed something for my front door, and didn't want just a wreath. This is going to work great for me since red and blue are my accent colors for my front porch. For full details, hop over to the blog.
shabby chic amercan flag, crafts, how to, patriotic decor ideas, seasonal holiday decor, shabby chic
Use your stash of fabric, ribbon and lace to create this Patriotic piece. Change up the colors and would be a great accent for your next bridal or baby shower or make it for your own home as wall decor.
Easy to cut or tear strips of fabric, add your favorite lace. Did you notice I used a branch - no cost for my rod?
Guess what the blue stars are made of.
Hang and enjoy.
Rosemary Palmer

• Sue

How did you attach the star fabric?

• Sonia french

How did you attach the star piece?

• Amarillolesa

You will have to click, above, on the link to her blog. It looks simple but would take a lot of space to explain without the pictures she used in her blog.

• Mary Mosher

This is a lovely piece, and no disrespect intended, but shouldn't the blue square be placed on the right hand side to look like your flag hanging sideways? On the left side, it looks backwards.

• Maren

@Mary Mosher I was curious about this myself and did a quick search. Apparently, the Union should always be displayed to the left first. If it is hanging on a staff, the blue Union is on the left. If the flag is hung against a wall, the Union is on the left as well. It is amazing how much detail goes into the hanging of the American flag. http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/more/displayonly.htm

• Maren

I think this might need to be tomorrow's craft project! I love the idea of using a stick too. Great resource.