Made From Pinterest
Made From Pinterest
  • El Dorado Hills, CA

Shower and Tub Cleaner

This is a quick and easy way to keep your shower clean in just two minutes a day.Just get a dish washing wand and fill the dispenser half with vinegar and half with liquid dish soap. Keep it in the shower. That way everything is ready to go. When you get in, wet the sponge, and scrub away. Next, well, take a shower. That's it. I do a little section of the shower each day and work my way around the whole area about twice a week.
If the mixture gets thick, just add a little water. Also, I would caution that it is important to rinse well, and keep out of eyes as you would any cleanser.
Mix half liquid dish detergent with half vinegar in dishwashing wand.
Scrub, rinse, done! Easy to maintain.
Scrub, rinse, done! Easy to maintain.
Made From Pinterest

• Doreen

where did you get the wand?

• Sondra A

@Doreen You can find the wands in the house cleaning department of markets or Target, Walmart, etc. It is usually near the sponges or brushes.

• Sheryll S

Sometimes you can find them at Dollar Tree also.

• Wanda Dalesandro

I got mine at Dollar Tree

• Erma

The wand can be found at Walmart.

• Linda Sanders

One can find the wand just about any store that has household cleaning supplies.

• Michele Clow

Do you think this mixture would work in a spray bottle? My fiberglass shower needs a scrubber a little heftier than the ones that are on these types of sponge brushes.

• Joyce Hibbs

yes

• Tklemm

I have used it in a spray bottle for years! So to answer your question yes it sure will.

• Sue

Be careful using anything abrasive on fibreglass or you'll put scratches in it then the scratches get debris in them and you have a whole new cleaning problem! Suggest you only use baking soda to clean fibreglass.

• Katrina

definitely works with a spray bottle, I sprayed everything, scrubbed a bit and rinsed.

• Becky

This works perfect on glass shower doors. When you are done the glass looks brand new!!!! Spray it on from a bottle and let it sit while you finish the rest of the bathroom. Using a wet towel, wipe it down then buff dry. If this is the first time and the water stains are bad, use a Scrub Daddy or Magic Eraser to get the tough spots off. Use once a week for an easy way to keep the glass doors sparkling.

• Linda Sanders

No. This is because the tube may get plugged with un-desolved soda.

• Trish

Add some vinegar to the clog and watch it bubble. End of clog!

• Marianne Fredricks

Vinegar and dish soap is safe on my new shower doors according to the company we purchased them from. My doors have the glaze on them so water spots are minimized. Just never use ammonia products. GREAT IDEA!!!! Thanks for sharing!

• Melinda

My son is a plumber, he said to never put baking soda in the drains. Even with vinegar, it will stay in the pipes and clog it up further down.

• Ros8629307

Curious as to where you store the cleaning brush after you shower?

• Linda Sanders

Close to the shower. Then one could grab and clean before getting out.

• Barbara

I have a little cubby hole built into the shower wall for shampoo soap etc. I put mine in there. Fits perfectly

• Ros8629307

About to replace shower - I'll have to check that out.

• Barbara

Can you use vinegar on a marble shower

• Sandra

I had a marble installer tell me that vinegar is what etched my marble so you may want to get more info from a marble didtributor before you use vinegar.

• Barbara

Thank you Sandra SO much you might have saved my marble. I appreciate it because is was extremely expensive. Thanks again.

• Sondra

The only safe thing for my geanite is soap, water or alcohol. I imagine the same is true for marble.

• Theresa Duplak Guiles

First of all, I would NOT use that dishwashing wand shown in the pictures! Maybe one with a sponge only! That dishwashing wand would definitely scratch my shower's surface!
  • N

does this harm septic tanks?

• Sondra

It shouldnt, anymore than using dish soap in kitchen would, and vinegar is natural.

• Car22532881

Will the vinegar in the dish detergent ruin the shower stall? When we had our shower stall replaced, the installer told me I could use anything to clean it except ammonia.
  • Phyllis Brower Eastlund

Is the vinegar safe on the grouting between the ceramic tile?
  • Karen Chan Seet

Will this remove the buildup on shower doors?

• AndradeTea

Great ideas!

• Terry Duke

I’ve been doing this for years! And it’s great— I isually grab the soap wand while my conditioner sits on my hair and give the shower stall the once over! For my son’s shower I mix up a batch using HOT vinegar, mix with the dawn in a squirt bottle, get his shower nice and steamy and then squirt the whole thing down- top to bottom. It usually just melts the crud away with gravity. I let it sit about 15 minutes, then a light scrub and rinse and all the dirty teenage boy crud just rinses away!