Landscape Timber to a Lighted Driveway

This is the driveway at our cabin. We have added about 17 tons of rock to this driveway so that we would have some traction when it is snowy and icy outside. But when we come here in the winter, everything is covered in a beautiful blanket of snow. It makes it very difficult to know where the driveway is.
landscape timber to a lighted driveway, concrete masonry, outdoor living
I have wanted to figure out how to add some light to the driveway that will look good at all times of the year but elevate the lights a bit more so the snow can't cover it as easy.
Inspiration struck when I saw the landscape timber at the lumberyard. I had originally thought railroad ties but thought these would look very nice with the cabin.
I used this bit to create holes in the timber and the final product looks like this...
I am not quite done with this project but it already looks pretty dang nice. If you would like to see more details please take a look at my site.
Thanks for looking and have a great day!
RCooper @ thoughtsbyher.com

• Hannah V

Oh I love this idea! This would be perfect in my backyard.

• Miriam I

Great idea!

• @Miriam I Thank you so much! I was rather pleased that I came up with the idea on my own. Not to say that others haven't had the same thought but I really did come up with this one as opposed to being inspired by another's work.