No Sew Burlap Sack Cushion Covers

When I added a new reading chair to my back porch, it did not look exactly like I wanted it to. I wanted to cover it with burlap but did not want to cut up my coffee sacks. Check out this post to see how I changed to look in under 10 minutes.
no sew burlap sack cushion covers, how to, outdoor furniture, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling, reupholster
I had one cushion that came with chairs I bought at a yard sale. The striped cushion on the back is an old bed pillow that I made a cover for to use outside (not exposed to the weather).My daughter is a barista so I had some burlap coffee sacks. I chose two to use and got started.
I put the bottom cushion in one burlap sack.
Once the burlap bag is on, fold over the excess and tuck underneath.
Then do a quick hospital corner on each side to neaten the look.
Slip the back pillow into the other burlap sack.
Let the excess fabric hang over the back of the chair.
Tuck both cushions into place.
This is exactly the look I was going for so I am so pleased. The chair is under our covered porch so it won't be exposed to the weather or sun (which does fade out the graphics). I can easily take the covers off and change them or wash them this way. For the full blog post, check out the link below...
Brooke Bock