Dining Room Mirrors down, new wall unit done and I LOVE IT !

A while back I was asking questions about taking 3 very large wall size mirrors down. I am happy to say the mirrors are GONE and I have a wonderful built in wall to wall china cabinet and storage. I bought unfinished cabinets from Home Depot and stained them in a red maghogany with a clear gloss poly. The tile is a multi colored glass tile that i fell in love with and wondered where I could use it and this project was perfect. The counter top originally had white tile and I didn't like the stark contrast and wanted to do something with it. After trying a couple different colors from an antique gold to a bronze I decided to use the same stain with poly and I couldn't be happier with the results. There is a small strip I still need to stain and put up but I needed to take a break.
Before with the mirrors on the wall. There was a built in china cabinet below a tile and wood counter top
Staining the cabinets on my dining room table !
cabinets up and tile but on the back wall.
The original tile was white and it looked too stark against the earth tones and bronze and golds in the glass tiles and I needed to do something
I used the same stain with poly that I used on the cabinets and I like the results
Should I or shouldn't I put tile at the top too? YES is did put it up.
tile at the top too.

• Mary Insana

We have traditional ceiling fans with lights in the master bedroom and the kitchen. The one in the dining room has the fan up inside the whole u it. While we love the fan and it's very quiet and has 3 settings, the amounts of light is very miminal. It does have a dimmer but even at its highest it's not bright enough to use during a regular dinner. maybe a candlight dinner lol though. We have the maximum size bulbs in too. I do love the design of this fan but would not suggest it if you want good lighting.

• Gail Salminen

@Mary Insana ours are on dimmers as well and at its highest there is lots of light. Guess it depends on the fixture.

• Mary Insana

@ Gail, the remote control for this fixture has built in dimmer. I think it's just the design of this certain fan. We don't have a problem with the brightness of any of our other ceiling fans.