How To Turn A Cheese Box Into A Beautiful Shelf

$2

Are you looking for that perfect accessory to add a ton of character to your home? Look no further! In just a couple of minutes you can turn a cheese box into a beautiful shelf. You will need a cheese box, a small piece of wood for the shelf, a belt, a hot glue gun and wood glue.
I used a scrap piece of plywood leftover from a plank wall we put in our bathroom. If you don't have any scrap wood laying around, you can pick up a thin plank from any home improvement store.
I cut the plank to fit inside of the cheese box and glued it in place with wood glue.
I stained my cheese box in Weathered Oak once the wood glue was dry.
I picked up a belt that matched my decor at the thrift store for $1. (You can get really creative here and use any color of belt or try braided fabric strips for a fun, funky look.)
Once the stain was dry, I glued my belt on the cheese box using hot glue. (make sure you leave enough of the belt on top of the box to hang it) That's it! Now you're ready to hang your cheese box shelf.
I decorated my shelf with antique bottles, but you could use anything you choose.
Isn't this a fun, unique shelf?!
I picked up a wooden dowel at Home Depot to hang mine.
This little shelf only cost me a few dollars to make, but it makes a big impact in our tiny bathroom. To see more of our bathroom or more DIY projects check out my blog in the link below.

• Cheesebox  (estate sale)
  • Belt  (thrift store)

Carrie @ Curb To Refurb

• Michelle Crowley

Hi I really like this project, I just have one question, Where foes one go to get or purchase a cheese box?

• Reva Ward

If you live in an area where there are "independent" grocery stores you might check there for the hoops. Our food kindness hoop cheese and sells the empty hoops for a few dollars but it pays to ask ahead when their deliveries come and ask that the hoops be saved for you.
  • Lynne Gaylor

Hi! I love this.........is it fairly sturdy using the hot glue gun?? I know sometimes when I glue things they don't last. Thanks!
    • Tina Shontz

Personally, I would add a couple of vertical pieces under the shelf, but it might be tricky because of the curvature of the box. I love the look of this project!

• Jana

Another great shelf idea from this post; it's so unique and very nice looking.

• Denyse Lalonde

Yes. I'lL paint it duck egg blue and glue white lace. Then add my old perfume bottles!