Faded Outdated Patio Gets a Fresh Look

Chances are your patio furniture out back is tired, faded, outdated and could use a makeover right?!?
Let's get started!
Does your outdoor furniture look similar?
I have been working so much with my business, Rekindled Spaces, that I totally had neglected my back yard all year. I had invited friends over to hang out with us and realized that my patio was so uninviting. So over the course of a few days I updated the tired patio furniture.
I started out by cleaning each and every piece with Krud Kutter. The set had been outside for years so who knows what kind of nastiness was on them! This particular chair had a few rough spots leftover that the pressure washer didn't take care of so I hit them again to ensure the paint would stick.
Once all the pieces had finished drying and were so fresh and clean it was time to get out the Rust-oluem spray paint!
I then repaired parts of the chair with bondo that had frayed. I gave them a light sanding and then used chalk style paint and painted the material of the chair different colors.
I then used FrogTape ShapeTape in Chevron and painted over it in white.
I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE how this space turned out. Sure it took a few good hours and some work, but, it only cost me a fraction of buying a new set. And with my new Diva of DiY Chalk Mix it would cost even less because I could have bought latex paint sample colors and added the Chalk Mix to the samples instead of buying several colors of already mixed Chalk paint.
I didn't want to go out and spend $600+ on a new set when all my set needed was a little love!
What a difference a little elbow grease and paint makes, right?!? This project right here has probably became my favorite project I've ever done on Diva of DIY.
For the complete original tutorial click the link below and I hope you'll stop over at Diva of DIY for more projects to transform you home into the house you love! I did!

Diva of DIY

• Steve

Why are the before and after two different sets? Note the different bases of the chairs.

• Heather

Only 2 had the round bases, look at the before picture and look under the table at the other chairs.

• Sal1603

Did I miss something, what about the rug..where and when? And how much?

I agree with the ‘change’ in bases of chairs...love the change in

in the chairs but....

• Candi

No 'change' in chairs. Same ones. Two swivel and four L-leg. She didn't talk about rug because it wasn't part of the painting project. But it certainly looks great! After the work she put in to painting set, who wouldn't want to add a new rug?

• Lisa

So just use chalk paint on the material ? I have a ton of out door chairs and I have been trying to figure out how to paint them without the paint coming off chalk paint seems like it would come off on your clothes? Please help