I Love Spray Paint!

$3.30

Spray painted outdoor cushion, looking around to see what else I can paint!
Before (after I had started)
My sister has the peacock chair that she has always wanted, got it for a steal at a yard sale for $50, 2 years ago, the cushion included is a very light creamy color (almost white) she got new outdoor seating with cushions included this year and wanted everything to match. I told her that I saw on hometalk that someone painted their outdoor cushions with spray paint. The cushion was textured and nubby before and she bought cheap Walmart $1.64 paint which is a gloss finish, so it IS a little scratchy, but not real bad, I would have bought a flat or matte finish, but maybe it just depends on the fabric. We don't wear short shorts anyway,lol.
After
2 cans of paint $3.30, used about 1 1/2 cans with 4 coats on each side, only because white is so hard to cover evenly with a darker color, each coat dried very,very quickly. Matches her other cushions perfectly!
Now to convince my brother and sister in law to let me paint their dated hunter green chairs and their ugly off white table (not ugly, just a little rusty) and the chair pads, oh my goodness, they are SO faded! Nothing matches, and she just bought a new umbrella and the pole is ORB! I want to paint everything to match! I won't charge them, just tired of looking at the mismatched furniture, lol.

16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom

• Jacqueline cordoba
    Jacqueline cordoba

doesn't the paint make the fabric stiff and a bit hard. will it keep its water resistant from getting into the cushion

• Nancy J
      Nancy J

Hi Jacqueline, I did this a few years ago for my sister and she is still using the cushion on her peacock chair, surprisingly it didn't make the fabric stiff or scratchy.