Juggling Chickens ~ A Craft for When the Kids Are Climbing the Walls

I push my kids out the door to play in the summer ~ it's summer...they should be outside ;) but sometimes they get a little *insert the B word* bored. We made this cute little super easy craft ~ juggling chickens...they can learn a new skill, juggling (it is a skill, right?) and have some fun.
craft ideas to keep kids busy, crafts
Here's the after...three little juggling chickens and two kids....for the purpose of this post we'll pretend they just juggled but they actually ended up pelting each other with the chickens and running around the yarn...despite that, I will still count this as a successful craft.
craft ideas to keep kids busy, crafts
You don't need much at all to make your little stuffed chickens just some large fabric scraps, felt for the beak and the hair (I think chicken hair is a comb!?!), rice to fill your chickens and a needle and thread.
craft ideas to keep kids busy, crafts
Cut the fabric scraps and details to size (I have all the details in my blog post that you can find here: http://cupcakesandcrinoline.com/2015/07/09/juggling-chickens-a-cute-kids-craft/ ) and then commence to sewin'.
craft ideas to keep kids busy, crafts
After you sew up all of your sides leaving a small opening for turning the chicken right side out stuff with rice and sew up your last seam.
craft ideas to keep kids busy, crafts
Here they are all ready for play! You could make a whole bunch of these for yard tic-tac-toe but I stopped at three....I don't want to be an overachiever.
craft ideas to keep kids busy, crafts
Do you see that rainbow effect on the right side of the photo? That's one of my other boys THROWING the chicken bag at his younger brother ~ oh boys!

Mary Beth