Holly Curl German
Holly Curl German
  • Sparta, KY
Asked on Feb 3, 2013

Help! I'm new here...

Stacey BHolly Curl GermanGail Salminen
+7

Hello, I'm just trying to figure out how this page works. My husband and I have a construction (barns, roofing, seamless gutters...) and I have selected several near by people to follow but... now what? Thanks!
  • Becky (J) P

Hi! I just pretty much scroll, scroll, scroll, until I see something that peaks my interest. You can "like" something, make a comment, clip it to a board (kinda like Pinterest) or do a search if you are looking for ideas for something specific. And make new friends in the process.

• Welcome to HT. If you have a business you can set up a profile for it and show off your work. You will find things start out slow but as you check out posts and add your comments you will begin to make friends from all over the country.

• Miriam I

Hi Holly, welcome! There are three ways to use Hometalk: Post, Clip, and Browse. Here's how to post projects: http://www.hometalk.com/about/help Here's a video on how to clip: http://hmt.lk/14IPrDP I guess browse is pretty straightforward. You can type your search term into the search bar, or just scroll... If you have any questions just let me know!

• Z

Welcome Holly. Hometalk is really user friendly so once you follow Miriam's links you'll be good to go. But if you ever have any questions there's always someone willing to help.

• Jeanette S

Welcome Holly...I know you will enjoy this site! I am amazed at all the things average people do and how interesting they can make ordinary things! It is such fun and you will get a lot of giggles! HT will definitely put a smile on your face! I look forward to seeing posts from you soon!

• Tami @ Curb Alert!

Welcome Holly!

• Gail Salminen

@Holly Curl German - welcome aboard! This is the best site ever. You will get notices of when there is activity on the posts you have showed interest or commented on. You will notice on your name at the top right there is a drop down menu and one of the selections is notifications - if there is a number there you have notices - click on that and it will bring you to the notices, which you can click on to see what is happening. I am addicted to this site. As indicated you can scroll down when you feel like it and offer help, clip interesting projects for future use etc. If you have a question about any of your construction projects you can post a question. I guarentee that you will get responses. Also as you browse you will find the pros on here who have a lot of good advice. I have my favourites and usually refer members to them for advice. It is greaat fun - hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

• Gail Salminen

@Holly Lefevre - oooops, forgot to mention that the administrators of the site are fantastic and very quick to respond!

• Holly Curl German

Thank you all for the help and warm welcome! we do have a construction/gutter business so I hope we will get many ideas here and make many friendds.

• Stacey B

Hi neighbor!! We need to talk gutters. I am trying to keep my hubby from a third story debacle. I told him "we need professionals on this one"-these are foreign words for him- he can't stand to listen to.