Christina Falcon
Christina Falcon
  • Austin, TX

How to clean and disinfect the microwave with just vinegar and water.

$0

5 easy step to clean and disinfect your microwave with just vinegar and water.
Things You'll Need

Microwave safe bowl ( I used a large glass measuring cup)

Sponge

Paper towels
1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar
1 cup of water
http://athomewithmechristine.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/athomewithmechristine
1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar
1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar
1 cup of water
1 cup of water
Step 1: Pour vinegar and water into a microwave safe measuring cup or bowl.
Step 2: Place measuring cup or bowl in the microwave and heat it until boiling; this will vary by microwave. Its best to keep a close eye on it as it begins to boil. Over boiling may cause excess steam to build up causing the microwav
Step 3: Allow the measuring cup or bowl to remain in the microwave for approximately five minutes so that the steam can accumulate inside the oven.
Step 4: Carefully open and remove the measuring cup or bowl .Wipe the inside of the microwave clean with a damp sponge. For stubborn stains dipping your sponge in the remaining vinegar and water mixture (careful not to burn yourself )
Step 5: Dry with a paper towel
Step 5: Dry with a paper towel
Christina Falcon

• Rosie

For quick cleanups I take a clean wash cloth, soak it in water, place the cloth in the micro wave and heat it for about 1 1/2 minutes. I'll wait a couple of minutes to remove the steaming cloth, so I don't get burned. I use a clean dish towel to dry.

• Rhoda

Lemon and water work great. Alwsys leave the microwave door open for a brief time after cleaning to eliminate any lingering odor. I

ALWAYS cover anything I heat in my microwave, which helps keep it clean, and I ALWAYS put the glass turn table in the dishwasher.