How to clean and disinfect the microwave with just vinegar and water.

$0

5 easy step to clean and disinfect your microwave with just vinegar and water.
Things You'll Need

Microwave safe bowl ( I used a large glass measuring cup)

Sponge

Paper towels
1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar
1 cup of water
http://athomewithmechristine.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/athomewithmechristine
1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar
1 cup of water
Step 1: Pour vinegar and water into a microwave safe measuring cup or bowl.
Step 2: Place measuring cup or bowl in the microwave and heat it until boiling; this will vary by microwave. Its best to keep a close eye on it as it begins to boil. Over boiling may cause excess steam to build up causing the microwav
Step 3: Allow the measuring cup or bowl to remain in the microwave for approximately five minutes so that the steam can accumulate inside the oven.
Step 4: Carefully open and remove the measuring cup or bowl .Wipe the inside of the microwave clean with a damp sponge. For stubborn stains dipping your sponge in the remaining vinegar and water mixture (careful not to burn yourself )
Step 5: Dry with a paper towel

31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Everything Red For Canada Day
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
Christina Falcon

• Ale10690928

Hello, Is "Diluted acetic acid for food 5%" fit's also?

• Rebecca Burns

How do you clean up the dark brown stains inside micro wave on bottom in front and along sides?

• Dol21375960

I'm always worried about cleaning the top of the microwave, where all the little holes are.
  • Felicia Boros

How long do you leave the microwave on With the vinegar? Thank you
    • Dte16077373

5 minutes
    • Lsn32300820

Until the mixture starts to boil. Then shut off and leave door closed so that steam will accumulate inside.

• Susie

Until the water boils read what it says until the water boils

• Janis Ciofalo Petito

Put in microwave until it boils. Turn off microwave but leave the vinegar and water in microwave for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes you start wiping the inside until clean.

• Elizabeth

Hi!! Please don't think I'm being critical!! I learned the hard way! Heating vinegar in a microwave releases dangerous fumes. The easiest way to do this is boil the water first then add room temper vinegar to the sponge to clean & disinfect
    • Margaret

Use lemon juice instead ...works the same and does not stink like vinegar.....

• Paulette Sharpshair

Exactly what kind of Dangerous fumes are you referring to, from boiling vinegar water in microwave? Are you perhaps referring to chlorine and Fluoride in water? I am glad you mentioned the dangerous fumes that most people would not consider. You are right to boil water to evaporate the chlorine & fluoride out of water. I boil water daily to remove these toxins from my water then, refrigerate for uses throughout the day and week.

Thank You for your Awareness to protect others- this is a life saver for many- Blessings unto you!

• Kiran

Vinegar is 5% acetic acid boiling it will dissociate it simply The equation for the dissociation of acetic acid, for example, is CH3CO2H + H2O ⇄ CH3CO2− + H3O+. so no gas fumes of acetate ion are vinegary smell not dangerous at all!!

• Brenda Lahey

Hi there. Really needed this tip so a big, 'thank you'. However, I am just wondering about someone's comment regarding dangerous fumes coming from the vinegar. Is this true?

• Thomasina Crocker

Yes i will try. How often should i do this? I just clean with dish liquid n water

• Manny

It takes more effort with soap and odors don’t go away that easy. I will try this vinegar trick ;)

• Joanie

I wipe my microwave out EVERYDAY.......not OCD, just easier for me, as I wipe the stove top and vent all off. Thanks anyway!

• MATTIE HYDE

I just put a wet sponge in the microwave for a minute. Then use the sponge to clean the microwave. Have to wear heat gloves because the sponge is HOT.