How to clean and disinfect the microwave with just vinegar and water.

$0

5 easy step to clean and disinfect your microwave with just vinegar and water.
Things You'll Need

Microwave safe bowl ( I used a large glass measuring cup)

Sponge

Paper towels
1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar
1 cup of water
http://athomewithmechristine.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/athomewithmechristine
1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar
1 cup of water
Step 1: Pour vinegar and water into a microwave safe measuring cup or bowl.
Step 2: Place measuring cup or bowl in the microwave and heat it until boiling; this will vary by microwave. Its best to keep a close eye on it as it begins to boil. Over boiling may cause excess steam to build up causing the microwav
Step 3: Allow the measuring cup or bowl to remain in the microwave for approximately five minutes so that the steam can accumulate inside the oven.
Step 4: Carefully open and remove the measuring cup or bowl .Wipe the inside of the microwave clean with a damp sponge. For stubborn stains dipping your sponge in the remaining vinegar and water mixture (careful not to burn yourself )
Step 5: Dry with a paper towel

Christina Falcon

• Ale10690928

Hello, Is "Diluted acetic acid for food 5%" fit's also?

• Rebecca Burns

How do you clean up the dark brown stains inside micro wave on bottom in front and along sides?

• Dol21375960

I'm always worried about cleaning the top of the microwave, where all the little holes are.
  • Felicia Boros

How long do you leave the microwave on With the vinegar? Thank you
    • Dte16077373

5 minutes
    • Lsn32300820

Until the mixture starts to boil. Then shut off and leave door closed so that steam will accumulate inside.

• Susie

Until the water boils read what it says until the water boils

• Janis Ciofalo Petito

Put in microwave until it boils. Turn off microwave but leave the vinegar and water in microwave for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes you start wiping the inside until clean.

• Elizabeth

Hi!! Please don't think I'm being critical!! I learned the hard way! Heating vinegar in a microwave releases dangerous fumes. The easiest way to do this is boil the water first then add room temper vinegar to the sponge to clean & disinfect
    • Margaret

Use lemon juice instead ...works the same and does not stink like vinegar.....

• Paulette Sharpshair

Exactly what kind of Dangerous fumes are you referring to, from boiling vinegar water in microwave? Are you perhaps referring to chlorine and Fluoride in water? I am glad you mentioned the dangerous fumes that most people would not consider. You are right to boil water to evaporate the chlorine & fluoride out of water. I boil water daily to remove these toxins from my water then, refrigerate for uses throughout the day and week.

Thank You for your Awareness to protect others- this is a life saver for many- Blessings unto you!

• Brenda Lahey

Hi there. Really needed this tip so a big, 'thank you'. However, I am just wondering about someone's comment regarding dangerous fumes coming from the vinegar. Is this true?

• Thomasina Crocker

Yes i will try. How often should i do this? I just clean with dish liquid n water

• Manny

It takes more effort with soap and odors don’t go away that easy. I will try this vinegar trick ;)

• Rhoda

Lemon and water work great. Alwsys leave the microwave door open for a brief time after cleaning to eliminate any lingering odor. I

ALWAYS cover anything I heat in my microwave, which helps keep it clean, and I ALWAYS put the glass turn table in the dishwasher.

• Joanie

I wipe my microwave out EVERYDAY.......not OCD, just easier for me, as I wipe the stove top and vent all off. Thanks anyway!