DIY Galvanized Tubs From the Dollar Store

$5

I love the look of vintage items. One thing I always wanted for a backyard party is a big galvanized tube. Then, I was the dollar store and saw something I could make look like one.
These plastic bins were just $1/each and I knew with a bit of spray paint, I could make them look like galvanized tubs!
I grabbed a couple and found the perfect spray paint to give it the look of galvanized tubs. Nobody had a clue these were originally plastic totes. They even sweat like the real thing!
If you'd like to see the entire tutorial, just click on the link below and head over to my blog!

15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Stephanie Pass

• Kitty McCarty

please tell me what the paint is. My computer freezes up when I try to link to other websites so it is very cumbersome to read your blog. thanks

• Stephanie Pass

Hi Kitty, It is Rustoleum Hammered spray paint. It was the one that works on surfaces, including plastic.

• Sup6388335

I can't view your blog either. Do you have to prep the container or just spray paint it and how many coats?

• Sandra Maggi

Here is a short version of what you need to know: I picked up some metallic spray paint in a “hammered” texture. I put one coat on and then let them dry overnight. The next day, I put a second coat on and let them dry overnight again. Then, they were ready for use.

• Johnanna

What kind of paint did you use for plastic tubs?
    • Marinela Carbajal Medrano

Here is a short version of what you need to know: I picked up some metallic spray paint in a “hammered” texture. I put one coat on and then let them dry overnight. The next day, I put a second coat on and let them dry overnight again. Then, they were ready for use