DIY Galvanized Tubs From the Dollar Store

$5

I love the look of vintage items. One thing I always wanted for a backyard party is a big galvanized tube. Then, I was the dollar store and saw something I could make look like one.
These plastic bins were just $1/each and I knew with a bit of spray paint, I could make them look like galvanized tubs!
I grabbed a couple and found the perfect spray paint to give it the look of galvanized tubs. Nobody had a clue these were originally plastic totes. They even sweat like the real thing!
If you'd like to see the entire tutorial, just click on the link below and head over to my blog!

These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Stephanie Pass

• Kitty McCarty
    Kitty McCarty

please tell me what the paint is. My computer freezes up when I try to link to other websites so it is very cumbersome to read your blog. thanks

• Stephanie Pass
      Stephanie Pass

Hi Kitty, It is Rustoleum Hammered spray paint. It was the one that works on surfaces, including plastic.

• Sup6388335
    Sup6388335

I can't view your blog either. Do you have to prep the container or just spray paint it and how many coats?

• Sandra Maggi
      Sandra Maggi

Here is a short version of what you need to know: I picked up some metallic spray paint in a “hammered” texture. I put one coat on and then let them dry overnight. The next day, I put a second coat on and let them dry overnight again. Then, they were ready for use.

• Johnanna
    Johnanna

What kind of paint did you use for plastic tubs?
    • Marinela Carbajal Medrano
      Marinela Carbajal Medrano

Here is a short version of what you need to know: I picked up some metallic spray paint in a “hammered” texture. I put one coat on and then let them dry overnight. The next day, I put a second coat on and let them dry overnight again. Then, they were ready for use