DIY Doily Medallion From Upcycled Doily and Paper Plate

Wall Medallions have grown so popular the last year. I love the look of medallions on the wall, but haven't lucked out in finding one for the right price. Instead, I thought I could try my hand at making one.
Wall medallions can be any size, but I went with a smaller framed version. You can try your hand at all sorts of sizes depending on the size of your supplies.
I first sprayed the doily and the plate with an adhesive. Wait a few seconds, per the instructions on the adhesive, and then attach the doily to the bottom side of the plate. If you are planning on using a bright color of spray paint, I would suggest that you spray the plate prior to adhering the doily. You will spray the entire piece again after you attach your knob.
Poke a hole through the plate and insert an old knob to act as the medallion's center. You don't have to do this part; however, it will give your medallion a vintage flair. Spray your medallion with your desired color.
I opted to mount my medallion to a shadow box frame, but you could hang your medallion on your wall without a frame. The medallion can be used in any decor style. For me, I love bold colors and opted to mount the medallion to a fabric covered board.
This art piece looks fabulous against my dark powder room wall color. I tried a few other areas and share those on my blog. I welcome you to check out my blog and enjoy 14 other DIY wall art ideas offered by 14 amazingly creative bloggers.

15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
Stephanie @ Casa Watkins Living

• Christierei
    Christierei

This is really great. It's all about the texture and the gold. I have seen high end pieces with big white frames and small "artifacts" or whatever that are gold. They look so good. Thanks for sharing.
  • Terry
    Terry

I’m doing this,.. Ur genius!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️