Miniature birdhouses - What to do?

Cheryl @ ArtzzleBrenda TurnquestLindy
+22

I just received a plethora of craft bird houses, too small for actual use. Any ideas of what I can do with them to be creative?
  • Colleen
    Colleen

Something like this could use up several of them and is too cute....https://www.pinterest.com/pin/148970700147193764/ You could decorate some and turn them into hanging ornaments such as for a Christmas tree. Also along the same lines, paint/decorate and attach a dowel to the bottoms then pop them into potted plants or throughout your flower beds for a touch of whimsy. Incorporate into a potted fairy garden .... so many uses for your new-found treasures...have fun and post pics when you finish with them :)

• Colleen
    Colleen

https://www.flickr.com/photos/68971937@N00/3349032881/ another one. so sweet!! Now I want some craft birdhouses, lol.

• Carol Shearer Stavlo
    Carol Shearer Stavlo

a little snow on top and paint for a Christmas tree with a bird theme. Could be a red or snow white or even blue theme color.

• Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

I'm in the process of putting together a fairy garden, and I have a small craft birdhouse that I painted and then glued preserved moss on the roof. I think it's going to add a nice touch.

• Kathleen Murphy
    Kathleen Murphy

Attach them to a wreath for spring door decor.

• Katie
      Katie

@Kathleen Murphy I think I'm going to do that! Thanks! :)

• Gina Gardner
    Gina Gardner

A few years back I had gotten a bunch of small bird houses, I broke out the craft supplies and let the kids turn them into their own special Christmas ornaments they had a blast and I have something that I can put on the tree every year, and am now buying them and letting the grand kids make their own, great way to recycle and it is a way to spend family time together. Hope this helps good luck

• Linda Hunt
    Linda Hunt

If you wanted to add a wee gift to anyone's present you could paint and decorate the mini birdhouses to match your friends and family's homes...

• Sunny Walker
    Sunny Walker

Attach them to a board and paint them like town businesses. Just a crazy idea. Like, Barber, Auto Dealer, Antiques, motel, etc.

• Lucy Nunn
    Lucy Nunn

I have a bird-themed Christmas tree. I got little mail boxes, bird houses, lots of dried oranges, fake berries, leafy things, and a lot of fake birds that are covered with real feathers...burlap. The topper is a whimsical cat. My first themed tree.

• Missy Boyce
    Missy Boyce

I'm going to use them to top jewelry towers. Get a dowel about 12". Drill holes for smaller dowels or use hooks or finials to create a tree-like stand. Attach a wood base with glue and paint the whole thing. Then glue the birdhouse to the top for a finishing touch. Now just add jewelry and place on your dresser for pretty organization!

• Elizabeth Dion
    Elizabeth Dion

I had a friend that painted a tree on her craft room wall and the glued the painted bird houses onto the tree. She also put some birds and butterflies around the tree. It was really cute!

• Eileen B.
    Eileen B.

I used little bird houses for fairy houses and gave them to friends with little kids to plant in the garden.

• Joan baker
    Joan baker

I made fairy garden houses with them and put them in my dish fairy gardens. They look so nice with the plants.

• Cheryl @ Artzzle
    Cheryl @ Artzzle

Use as "plant name" sticks in the garden. Paint and label to identify your plantings. I like Elizabeth's idea too, but gluing is scary. Fun tac should hold the houses onto the wall with no damage at removal. P.S. don't ya just luv that word "plethora" :)

• Janie
    Janie

I bought several of those and painted them with really bright colors, stripes, etc. and sprayed on 2 coats of polyurethane, then nailed them to my wooden fence next to my back porch. They brighten up the boring fence and look really whimsical. Wish I had as many as you do!

• Sharon de Vries
    Sharon de Vries

how about hanging them along a fence if you have one or make a arbor over a gate and arrange them up top or just up and down a large post in your garden for decoration..just my thoughts

• Dee
    Dee

How about painting some of the houses and using them to make a spring wreath for your door? Mixed with imitation flowers and moss on a foam wreath form it would make a nice seasonal decoration.

• Tammy McPherson
    Tammy McPherson

I bought several and painted them with chalk paint and distressed them. I added bits of Spanish moss and mushroom birds I got at the Dollar Tree. I used them as Christmas ornaments on a small, rustic themed tree.

• Lindy
    Lindy

Wish there were pictures--the first thing I thought of was repainting them to make a miniature Christmas village. If they have a hole in them as a regular birdhouse would you could just turn that to the back.

• Lindy
      Lindy

@Lucy Nunn Oh perfect!! Tiny little red felt stockings hung by the house, or make it a wreath with each little house different. By the way, there is a snow product I have fallen in love with that makes actual wet snow called Insta-Snow Powder. I use it in big fish bowls and make a Christmas scene in them. Awesome fun stuff.

• Brenda Turnquest
    Brenda Turnquest

Paint really bright colors and make a mobile to hang from tree or eaves.

• Cheryl @ Artzzle
    Cheryl @ Artzzle

Katie, have you chosen a project for your birdhouses yet? Post results when you do!

• Cheryl @ Artzzle
    Cheryl @ Artzzle

Anything with the birdhouses yet :)