Robin D
Robin D
  • Enfield, CT

Tv Armoire to Pantry

This is a TV Armoire that I have made into a pantry
Came up with the Idea for this somewhere else in the web.
I am sorry I have no pix from the during process.
This is what the armoire looked like on the outside, you can not see it that will but it was pretty beat up as well.
repurposed tv armoire to pantry, closet, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
this is what the inside looked like. My husband found the armoire for me on our local FB forum page. I had told him what I was looking for and why and he found one.. :) love my hubby.
I started off my covering the inside back with the tongue and grove bead board type wall covering.. (note not the thin paneling kind)
I made shelves and made another slide out shelve just below the slide out shelf that was already there (the vcr shelf).
Painted the back, shelves and the door inset middle black, left parts the brown color for contrast.
Then treated the outside like I did my kitchen cabinets and painted it to match my kitchen cabinets. I Used as cabinet refinishing kit. I also spray painted the original knobs.
so this is the finished look after
This is the finished inside the original slide out shelf holds my food saver machine before I finished the back wall I had placed a power strip inside the armoire. now have an out of the way place to store and use my food saver :)
I love it, it is by far my best finished project so far!

• Joan

What type and brand of paint did you use?

• Michelle James

This is awesome. I have a friend who loves her tv cabinet but a flat screen wont in it. She needs to find another purpose for hers. I will show this to her. Thanks.

• Robin D

That's great :) I love finding new uses for things specially big furniture like the armoire.

• Robin D

Would like to make a note here; please excuse some missing words and or misused/spelled words in my description, I can not type as fast as I think and auto correct is sometimes wrong. :)