Jayme
Jayme
  • Bellaire, MI

Flowers in my gardens....

These pictures are of flowers around in my flower beds.
This is a recent addition to my Secret Garden
Old time Tiger Lily that I moved from a work sight over 20 years ago
Christmas Rose in full bloom last Spring
I moved these Jack-in-the-pulpits from my grandma's garden after she passed away
I forget the name of this flower, but Ihave several of these growing in the top part of my secret garden
Iris, my absolute favorite flower and this one looks like velvet
Black Eyed Susan
Black Eyed Susan
Lilac Daylilly
Lilac Daylilly
I have forgotten the name of this flower....it is nearly indestructable.
flowers in my gardens, flowers, gardening
Wild Goldenrod with a wasp on it.  Nope I really did not want it in my garden but it showed up when I wasn't paying attention
Wild Goldenrod with a wasp on it. Nope I really did not want it in my garden but it showed up when I wasn't paying attention
Weigelia
Weigelia
Geranium
Geranium
Daylilly....before having my current garden destroying dog, I had a beautiful daylilly garden.
Peach Daylilly
Peach Daylilly
Daylilly
Daylilly
Iceland or California Poppy?  Not sure, but I will have more this year
Iceland or California Poppy? Not sure, but I will have more this year
Milkshake Coneflower
Milkshake Coneflower
Not sure what this plant is.  It kind of looks like a Yellow Thistle, only the plant has not prickers on it.
Not sure what this plant is. It kind of looks like a Yellow Thistle, only the plant has not prickers on it.
NOT A GOOD PHOTO but this is Sea Holly
NOT A GOOD PHOTO but this is Sea Holly
I believe that this is an Asiatic Lilly...it is so beautiful and perfect that it really looks fake when seen inperson.
Another Lilly that looks so fake if seen in person.
Have no idea what this flower is....hope some one can tell me.  I believe thather in MI it is an annual.
Have no idea what this flower is....hope some one can tell me. I believe thather in MI it is an annual.
Anemone - Japanese Windflower.  I think that these got crowded out of the flower bed.  I haven't seen them in a few years..would like to have them again.
Anemone - Japanese Windflower. I think that these got crowded out of the flower bed. I haven't seen them in a few years..would like to have them again.
Common Puple Cone flower
Common Puple Cone flower
Queen Anne's Lace...yes I really did plant this weed in my flower bed.  Very hard to get rid of.  I just love the delicate look of this flower.
Queen Anne's Lace...yes I really did plant this weed in my flower bed. Very hard to get rid of. I just love the delicate look of this flower.
Rose of Sharon with a bee busy gathering pollen
Sweet pea...made the mistake of planting this in my garden too.  Lovely flowers, but very hard to get rid of.
Sweet pea...made the mistake of planting this in my garden too. Lovely flowers, but very hard to get rid of.
False Indigo growing at the edge of my shade garden.
I believe that the gophers planted this here.
Hummingbird moth playing on the Butterfly bush
Jack laying in the mums...nope this is not the garden destroyer.
A very sad looking Primose indeed...I think that is is just a bit too wet where I have this planted
It will be exciting to see where these come up this year...I planted a bunch of new bulbs last Fall.
Columbine
Columbine
Double Columbine
Double Columbine
Snowball bush planted in my yard.
Snowball bush planted in my yard.
One of many Iris in my flower beds
One of many Iris in my flower beds
Iris
Iris
Bleeding Heart...I need a better picture of this, it is in it's last blooming stages
Iris
Iris
Iris
Iris
A regal beauty
A regal beauty
One cannever have too many
One cannever have too many
This iris was new to my garden last Spring
This Iris actually has a tinge of lavender pink that you can't see in this photo
Gerber daisy
Gerber daisy
Bee Balm planted in my vegetable garden to attract beneficial bugs
I believe that this may be a form of Hummingbird Mint and I sure hope it cmoes back this year.  The leaves smell lik mint when you rub them.
I believe that this may be a form of Hummingbird Mint and I sure hope it cmoes back this year. The leaves smell lik mint when you rub them.
Columbine
Columbine
Rubeckia
Rubeckia
Yarrow
Yarrow
Violas that the rabbits found irresistible...looking forward to them coming back
Coneflower....forgot the "official" name of it, but it doesn't look like it is suppose to either.
This Snapdragon appeared out of nowhere in my vegetable garden last year
???? can anyone tell me what this is?  I believe that it is a weed of some sort.  I have never seen this before.  It too appeared out of nowhere in my vegetable garden
???? can anyone tell me what this is? I believe that it is a weed of some sort. I have never seen this before. It too appeared out of nowhere in my vegetable garden
Nasturtium.  Going to beplantingmore of these this year around my Brassica vegetables to keep aphids away
Nasturtium. Going to beplantingmore of these this year around my Brassica vegetables to keep aphids away
Monarch gathering nectar off the Butterfly Bush....there were actually 3 Monarchs but they would not all get in the picture at once

• Dawn Woodward

I just love Lilly,s but they are not growing very well because of these little red flying bugs they eat all the leaves don't touch the flower itself but they don't look very nice. They are like a lady bug but longer any ideas please xx
    • Hat25727485

They are Red Lilly Beetles. The only way I have cut their numbers is by hand picking and squishing each one. I go out in the morning (before work) and pick and squish with a small rock on a larger rock. Repeat again in the afternoon. They don’t seem to fly, but if they drop to the ground, they land on their backs and it’s almost impossible to find them. I think I won the battle this year, but the war continues.