Diana Parker Jones
Diana Parker Jones
  • Kansas City, KS
Asked on Feb 3, 2013

Faux Mercury Glass

WallsTreat Studio/ Kass WilsonDiana Parker JonesGinger Mosley, Realtor with Burnett Realty
+3

I am going to make a faux mercury glass vase... is it ok to have it as a 'vase' with real flowers/plant? Will it kill the plant... or will the paint chip off? Using Looking Glass Paint
  • Looking glass paint can be applied on the inside OR outside of the vase. . . use the OUTSIDE and you won't need to worry about the flowers.

• GreenSoil

Hello I have to agree you want to use the paint on the "outside" of your vase or container.

• Hello, I haven't tried this, but I would suggest using poly to seal And protect the finish if you applied it to the inside of the vase. However, at my florist we simply use a liner to protect delicate finishes inside vases. We use cellophane. You could even use a Ziplock bag for a liner, especially for the water application. Hope this helps!

• Diana Parker Jones

Thank you all for the advice. I painted the outside and it looks great!!! Now, onto doing the old window the same way! :) Appreciate the help.

• 153091

@Diana Parker Jones when you paint the inside, just place large paper cup or a drinking glass that will fit down inside for water.

• Do you have any pictures? We would love to see how it turned out.