YouAreTalkingTooMuch.com
YouAreTalkingTooMuch.com
  • Conway, SC

Want to purge? Want to organize? Don't want to spend any money doing it?

I shared a few posts on tips on purging and used my own tips. These are tips and "tools" that I use with "clients" that I help get organized. I decided to deal with a space that I had an "issue" with. I even aired the "ugly" before. This is the reveal and I spent ZERO dollars to get this look. You can get rid of "stuff", add some "bling" and feel so good!
Is it obvious that I am drawn to neutrals? Like the bling on the shelf. Can you see it?
Noodles in the boots? Perfect way to keep their form!
Color coordinated, sorted and purged!
Color coordinated, sorted and purged!
A little bit of "bling" feels good!
A little bit of "bling" feels good!
Wait until you see the before.
Wait until you see the before.
YouAreTalkingTooMuch.com

• Marianne Blackstone

What did you do to get your clothing, purses, shoes, etc. down to a manageable number??? That is what is killing me. Why do I hang on to fifty tee shirts that I do NOT wear.....sigh? Any help is appreciated!! I know this is a large problem!

• Rosalie Rogers

Once I realized that my lifestyle was changing but my shopping stayed the same I had too much of everything I used to wear. Besides dropping 2 dress sizes and not wanting to throw out some very nice clothes, I came upon PickUp Please. They will come out when you want and take up to 20 boxes of pretty much anything. Once I knew someone was going to make use of my nice "stuff" I felt much better donating it to this Veterans' charity. I wait until I have at least three boxes of miscellaneous items then call this charity and schedule a pick up. The bags or boxes are put on my front porch and rain or shine they will come and pick the stuff up. My closet now suits my lifestyle and is for the most part uncluttered with items I do not use. Shopping habits should change if your lifestyle changes. Just something I learned the hard way.
    • Coni

I'm 71 and my family wouldn't want the daunting task of clearing clutter from my home when I die so that motivates me to purge. I also feel a sense of satisfaction from donating to the Disabled American Veterans. So here's what to do:
      1) Place things you think you may not need in a box and store it away (attic, garage, etc.) In a month's time you'll find you haven't missed the stuff and are ready to donate. 2) If there is an abundance of towels, donate or cut them up to use as rags. 3) For sentimental stuff, take digital photos and pass the items on.
    • Jenn

When you gain a few pounds don’t ever buy clothes or else you will never loose the weight. Same thing when you loose weight don’t

• Emiller

Just think of a person who has no shirts to wear and donate away.☺️

• Z

You're welcome Rebecca.

• Dawn Lam

your post is inspiring, i will get to that next week. We have a family gathering this weekend, or I would start right now. LOL thank you for your ideas