Stiltskin Studios
Stiltskin Studios
  • Dunedin, FL

Bold Color on an Antique Hutch

Turquoise is my favorite color, and I love how it makes this hutch a scene-stealer. The hutch was in poor repair, and the finish was "iffy" which actually helped the distressing process. If you think antiques shouldn't be painted, don't look! I promise, you won't be happy :0)
Before...a busted foot, some damage to the finish
The poor condition of the existing varnish allowed the milk paint to do it's "thing"...chipping and crackling/crazing at random
We painted the interior in a gloss white enamel to serve as a crisp, clean backdrop for gorgeous serving pieces
So many details
So many details
The finished product...ready to be filled with dishes, books, even towels in a bath
Stiltskin Studios