Stiltskin Studios
Stiltskin Studios
  • Dunedin, FL

Bold Color on an Antique Hutch

Turquoise is my favorite color, and I love how it makes this hutch a scene-stealer. The hutch was in poor repair, and the finish was "iffy" which actually helped the distressing process. If you think antiques shouldn't be painted, don't look! I promise, you won't be happy :0)
bold color on an antique hutch, painted furniture, Before a busted foot some damage to the finish
Before...a busted foot, some damage to the finish
bold color on an antique hutch, painted furniture, The poor condition of the existing varnish allowed the milk paint to do it s thing chipping and crackling crazing at random
The poor condition of the existing varnish allowed the milk paint to do it's "thing"...chipping and crackling/crazing at random
bold color on an antique hutch, painted furniture, We painted the interior in a gloss white enamel to serve as a crisp clean backdrop for gorgeous serving pieces
We painted the interior in a gloss white enamel to serve as a crisp, clean backdrop for gorgeous serving pieces
bold color on an antique hutch, painted furniture, So many details
So many details
bold color on an antique hutch, painted furniture, The finished product ready to be filled with dishes books even towels in a bath
The finished product...ready to be filled with dishes, books, even towels in a bath
Stiltskin Studios