Entryway Bench for a Shoe-Free Home

$12.99
1 Day

I'd been wanting a bench and a place for us (and guests) to store our shoes, so I ventured off to the local Goodwill and found a bench with storage drawers for only $12.99.
The fabric that was on it was dirty and covered with dog fur, so it absolutely had to go. Also the sides were loose and needed to be tightened up. But the drawers were in good shape.
There was also a large hole on top of the bench under the cushion.
I used some boards from an old entertainment center to cover the hole and add more sturdiness to the bench. I also spray painted the trim black.
I reupholstered the bench and sides using fabric left over from some curtains I bought. I love this fabric!
My daughter loves our new bench.

To see more: http://www.usscrafty.com/2015/06/entryway-bench-for-shoe-free-home.html

• Ginger the farm gal

VERY NICE ... GOOD JOB
  • Katie

+Yes! Very nice!! I have the same bench too! I got it at a yard sale. It is in better shape than yours was, but just the bare wood and I was trying to decide how I was going to make it look nice! Yours is an inspiration for me! I love that you covered the ends and I am going to do that too, just need to pick out the fabric that will work for me. Thanks so much for sharing your project!