Industrial Shelving Made Easy

$75

We gave our teen son a room makeover with a beautiful planked wall - from wallpaper - and a new desktop made from laminate flooring, and now we just had his shelving left.
We bought basic wood lumber, stained and put polyurathane on it, and a few basic parts -- black pipe. It was easy and inexpensive. We hung the pipes from the studs so it's super strong.
Now he has an updated, industrial inspired room. Click the link below to see the full room finished and more details about the parts and sizes.
industrial shelving made easy, bedroom ideas, how to, shelving ideas
Measuring the wall to find the studs.
We used black flanges, and 12 inch long black pipe, with black caps.
Each one is on the stud.
We used 2 straps on each to keep it safe.
The finished shelves are strong and look great! Click the link below to see the shelves finished!
Organizing Made Fun-Becky Barnfather

• Lynn DeLano

Love it I want to use this in a small bathroom to replace an over the toilet shelving unit

• Ellen C. Litten

I pu some pipes to make shelves. I find these very heavy and was wondering if you have a problem securing them to the wall.