CreekLineHouse .
CreekLineHouse .
  • Canada

How to Paint Your Lampshade

With just a few easy tricks up your sleeve, you can paint any lampshade and achieve a perfect, even finish. No one will ever know it was painted!
how to paint your lampshade, crafts, painting
CreekLineHouse .

• Kim Gault

Hi im just about to upcycle 2 lampshades, would ordinarily emulsion do the job?

• Annie Doherty

Kim I have in the past used tester pots of emulsion and it worked perfectly, depends if what finish you like. Matt, silk, eggshell and sounds daft but painting in the same direction ,otherwise when lit you can see all the different paint marks. I found out the hard way! Good luck with your project.

• CreekLineHouse .

Hi Kim, emulsion should work as long as you put enough coats of paint on, and then use the trick mentioned in my post to make sure everything looks good! :)

• Mag O'Connor

Which paint

• IFortuna

That last photo of the little girl and the lamp it very artistic. I looks like it might have come from the 40's and would make a great greeting card or enlarged photo for a special room . If you photoshop it bringing the head of the girl up just a little the composition would be nearly perfect. Nice job on that lamp too LOL. : )

• IFortuna

By the way, if you oil paint, the little girls face is in chiaroscuro (light and dark style such as Rembrandt) and would make a great painting by itself. She would make a great subject. You have her lit perfectly. Sorry, I teach oil painting and could not help but tell you my observation. : )