Sherrie S
Sherrie S
  • Debary, FL
Asked on Feb 4, 2013

Wildlife Bird

Sherrie SCharleneDouglas Hunt
+9

Can anyone tell me what this bird is called.
wildlife bird, wildlife animals
  • R.V.R. Farris

A Painted Bunting, how lucky to see one!

• Rebecca B

Ooooh, you are so lucky to get this photo of a Painted Bunting. I think it is one of the most beautiful small wild birds we have in North America. Occasionally I will see this species of bird in Oklahoma. I love that you were able to get a photo of one.

• Sherrie S

I'd never seen one before. We took the pic through the screen so it is kind of blurry. Thank you for giving me the name. He is so cute.

• Z

I've seen that bird before though not in person. I can't remember where, or who, shared it, but I knew it was called Painted something. He is very cute. Hopefully he'll visit you again Sherrie.

• Sherrie S

I, too, hope he visits me again Becky. I took the screen off that window so I can get a better pic next time.

• Barb Rosen

It is a Painted Bunting and I sure wish we had them up here!!

• Sherrie S

I'd send you one Barb but he is a wildbird and has to be free to go where he wants.

• Barb Rosen

I know, I know .... so I'll just have to settle for your wonderful pictures : )

• Sherrie S

@Barb Rosen I just have to settle for YOUR wonderful pictures, too, so we're even.

Oh, Sherrie, I am so jealous. Please see if he'd like to come over and take a look at the beach.

• Charlene

the bird is a painted bunting

• Sherrie S

I guess I am one of the few on earth that didn't know what he was & I thank all of you for the answer. I wanted to know so I could provide the right food/water to help him.