Creatively Living
Creatively Living
  • Richland, WA

My Latest Insulator Coat Rack ...(the shabby version)

I thought I would make some new insulator coat racks to sell, and therefore decided to stick with the neutral insulators. I crackled painted and scraped the paint before drying to get a heavily distressed look on the baseboard before adding the clear insulators. I'm liking the finished product!
my latest insulator coat rack the shabby version, diy renovations projects, painting, repurposing upcycling
my latest insulator coat rack the shabby version, diy, painting, repurposing upcycling
Creatively Living

• Dee Lynch

Great Idea, but I didn't understand about the huge wooden dowel screws that were on the posts they were on???? Could you explain further please?

• Creatively Living

@Dee Lynch Yes, I know, it's sort of confusing. Insulators were originally used on powerlines. They were attached by being screwed on with the big wooden dowels (that they are screwed onto). I was lucky enough to get the beams/wooden "dowel screws" and insulators off my parent's farm. Most of the time people find insulator at yard sales and the wooden screws are not available.

• Barbara Miller

how do you fasten the insulators to the wood?

• Creatively Living

If you read through the post it gives great instructions. You just have to click through. Thanks!