How To Remove Melted Plastic From Your Stovetop

My husband accidentally placed a package of bagels on our hot stove top and the plastic melted onto our stove. He was worried that he had ruined it, but no fear, I knew just how to remove the melted plastic!
Melted plastic on ceramic stove top.
First, I waited for the burner to cool completely, then I covered the burned on plastic with baking soda.
After a quick spray with some vinegar, I used a scrub sponge to work the mixture into the plastic, and it lifted it with very little effort. The scrub sponge did NOT scratch my stove top.
Finally, I used a clean soft cloth to wipe all of the baking soda residue away.
All Clean! To see the full post on Cleaning Melted Plastic Off Of Your Stove Top and also How To Clean In Between The Glass On Your Oven Doors and so many more cleaning tips and home tricks, be sure to visit my blog via the link below!

Mom4Real

• Margaret

My teapot (metal) has left a white residue/ring on the burner that we use all the time on our glass stove top. There are also spots on the other burners that I can't remove with stove top cleaner. Is there a way to clean all this off, even after years?

• KAG8rmom

When we built our home way back in 1978, I got a Jenn-Air range with white glass/ceramic cooktop. I always had very good results with Bon Ami, which is quite reasonably priced, especially compared to many of the products :recommended

• Patrice

My cleaning mystery with a glass top stove is just that a mystery i have tried everything i do mean everything even the products that come with the stove when purchased nothing works i even tried easy off oven cleaners i even purchased new pots i don't see a solution
    • Shelia Chesser Tingle

I use a razor blade with a handle, just lightly go over the stains, and it comes off. Hasn't hurt my stove at all.

• Linda

I also have a glass top range and when there is food spillage that has hardened or melted plastic, I use a razor blade scraper. It doesn't hurt the stove top and clean it off instantly.

• Trudi

I've done that, too, Linda and I found it quick and efficient. I haven't had as much luck with baking soda as others seem; maybe I need to leave it on longer.

• Tur8030519

A friend scratched my glass top and it looks terrible, even when completely clean. I hate it. Wish I had run the gas line.