Kitchen Organization

If you're struggling with keeping your cabinets, or drawers, organized YOU'RE NOT ALONE! I'm sharing a few tips to de-clutter without overwhelming yourself!
So, after months and months of turning a blind eye to the fact that my cabinets were a complete disaster, I decided to finally conquer them head on! I just couldn't take it anymore... Crossing my fingers that I would never have to open those cabinets when I had guests over, was just getting old. How did I let it get THIS bad? Seriously, are you ready to see the "before" picture? It's hideous!
I wasn't kidding, huh? I really can't even believe it got this bad. But, enough was enough and I was ready for a change! I began by emptying the entire cabinet out and categorizing according to use. At the same time, tossing things that I didn't need (this is a big one!). My kitchen island acted as my main working station for the first 3 years of us living in the house, so a lot of my craft stuff was housed in this very cabinet. Once I cleared out that space, I had so much more room!
I bought some darling woven baskets perfect for hiding smaller items and disguising the space in general.
I delegated this specific cabinet for my seasonal, hosting items. It feel great to finally have a space for all those things!
My biggest word of advice is to give yourself time! This project took a good 3 hours to complete, start to finish. I took my time, made sure all the clutter that consumed that cabinet wasn't just going to clutter another space. Taking your time will allow you to get it done properly, and you will be thrilled with the outcome! I am with mine!
What do you think about the "before" and "after"? Big difference, right? I couldn't be happier!
For more in depth tips, please visit my blog post!
Thanks for stopping by!

Farmhouse Chic Blog