Home Office Organization Redo

My home office reorganization/redo is based on sorting, throwing away, organizing and cleaning! After I did this, I was able to spray paint picture frames, chairs, old photo boxes, etc. to gives the room a litlte pazazzz! The world is a better place with a can of spray paint in your hand! I've got the "before" and "afters" over on the blog (below)!
This chair was just an old oak chair. It's fancy painted black with it's Target pillow. Got that pillow 2/$16.99.
Here's how the reorganized/redone home office area looks today.
I recall having to wrap my textbooks in my textbook rental days. Who knew? That skill came in handy with ancient photo albums.
Honestly, I can't leave the Mod Podge alone. We have a wood shop here on the farm...it's an addiction. Life scripted in mod podged blocks! It adds whimsey for the office!
The before (with the trash bag/sorting operation just starting). Old photo albums, junk...etc. Look closely at the photo album boxes in the lower cabinet and on the floor. Spray painted and lookin' good and back in use!

To see more: http://www.rivercliffcottage.com/2013/02/04/before-and-after-home-office-reorganization/

• Adam Willson

It looks nice, but I don't think it's terribly practical. How many hours do you work behind this Desk?

I just have to work about 5-8 hours a day, and I just can not do without a good workplace, which would be ergonomic. I used a few tips from the ergonomics health association to find products, a chair, a chair that I wouldn't be tired of after 10 minutes

• Amy Ellis @ StowandTellU

Wow! Looks great. I love the neutrals colors with just a pop of red!

• Lana

Great ideas! :)

I've just finished organizing my office and just wanted to mention some hacks that helped me create a super-functional working space.

Firstly, I had problem with cables, a lot of them actually. I friend of mine recommended me Dymo Rhino 6000 labelling machine that is super handy and easy to use. It keeps the stuff clean and neat. My warmest recommendation!

Another issue was poor lighting. Try installing vertical surface illumination, preferably on large wall surfaces. It can give a visual resting point for the eyes and create pleasant working atmosphere.