BrightNest
BrightNest
  • Denver, CO

15 Smart Uses for Magnets

Are magnets sitting pretty on your fridge? You’re selling them short! Using magnets just to hold up crayon drawings is forcing Billy Joel to play Chopsticks on repeat.
15 smart uses for magnets, home decor, repurposing upcycling
These multi-use tools are inexpensive, come in a variety of sizes and can save your rump by fixing problems all over the house.
Get 10 more of our favorite magnet tricks around the house here: http://bit.ly/10SmartUsesForMagnets. Do you know of any other ways to use magnets around the house? Tell us!
1. Corral Paper Clips (and Bobby Pins!)
If you have a home office, chances are you have paper clips. To prevent them from becoming a mess, place a magnet in your desk drawer and stick the clips to the magnet. Tip: This works with bobby pins, too.
2. Keep a Sliding Door Shut
If you have a drafty sliding door at home, keep it closed tightly with magnets. Superglue one small magnet on the door and then attach a second one to the frame.
3. Organize Aluminum Foil and Plastic Wrap
If you’re short on drawer space, organize your aluminum foil and plastic wrap on the side of the fridge for instant access. Hot glue a small magnet inside the boxes. The magnet will stick to the fridge and keep the boxes in place. Tip: The hot glue makes it easy to peel the magnet off of the back and reuse it on a new box.
4. Find a Stud in the Wall
When you’re hanging a framed photo or mirror, it’s important to find a wall stud before you grab your nail and hammer. Otherwise, you could have crumbling drywall on your hands. You can do this really easily with a magnet and some painter’s tape.
5. Keep Chip Bags Closed
Chip Clips are nice, but this is way cooler: place magnets on opposite sides of a closed chip bag to keep your favorite snack from going stale.
Wanna know more home uses for magnets? Go here: http://bit.ly/10SmartUsesForMagnets
BrightNest

• Sheila garza

THANKS ALOT FOR THE MAGNET USE. MY KITCHEN DOOR KEEPS OPENING AND I PUT THE MAGNETS ON THE DOORS AND IT REALLYY WORKED GOOD. THANKS AGAIN.

• Maude LaFountain

# 4 is the one I like the best ...I always have a hard time finding a stud in the wall and I even have a Stud Finder ....lol