Shanna Gilbert
Shanna Gilbert
  • Wichita, KS

Vintage Aqua Distressed Chalkpainted nightstand

I got this vintage carved nightstand at a Goodwill. It was dirty and scratched up but after cleaning it up I painted it with DIY aqua chalkpaint, distressed it, stain glazed it and coated it in AS clear wax. So much better!
vintage aqua distressed chalkpainted nightstand, chalk paint, painted furniture
Shanna Gilbert

• Andrea Wilson

Were do you get Chalk paint at.. and did you have to sand the old finish off first or did you apply it strait on?

• Marcia

Chalk paint can be found at any craft store and I believe Walmart may even carry it. It is very popular because it does not require you to do all the usual prep work such as sanding. You can basically clean the piece of furniture you want to paint very well and then you are ready to paint. You can find many YouTube videos that will show you how.easy it is to use.....good luck!!!!

• Cindy Hagemann

Walmart carries the brand Waverly (in the craft dept) that is good for furniture project like this. They also carry the wax to put over the paint.

• Namaws

I love this and have the perfect end table to do it on.

• Debbie

Looks great! Would love to know what thrift store you go to and find pieces like that! It is very nice, I would send my brother or sister who also live in Wichita and tell them to find me similar and ship it, You chose a beautiful piece and did a great job!

• Cindy Hagemann

I don't live in Wichita, but find great items like this (cheap) at Goodwill and Habitat for Humanity Re-Stores. Also, garage sales and flea markets.